Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Apple Event - Mac Studio

14 hours ago, ElmerJFudd said:

Are there many that don’t allow relocation of the sample library?  In my experience many do.  

Many do. Many don't. NI has always made it easy to relocate samples onto other drives. Akai and their latest system of managing MPC expansion packs now hide the location and have countered past methods of moving samples. I'm thinking this may be part of their strategy to counter copying and distribution of sample sets. I've had mixed results with Reason. Some of the Reason synths that use sample libraries insist on them being on the boot drive.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Again - try using a symbolic link. No command-line geekyness required if you use this, a service that lives in your Finder's contextual menu:

https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/10433/symboliclinker

Move the folder with the samples to an external, highlight it and create the symbolic link (looks like an alias), then move that tiny file to your internal, where the app expects to see the samples. Couldn't be easier. You'll have to edit the name to remove the "symlink" appended to it - it has to match the original folder's name.

On 3/8/2022 at 7:06 PM, ElmerJFudd said:

You guys that grab one of these soon will have to share how low you can set buffer in Logic/MainStage with the heavy hitters like Omnisphere running full audio quality.  Anyone own a Thunderbolt audio interface yet? 

@ElmerJFudd I have a 2020 M1 Mac Mini with 16GB of Ram and even running the most challenging of omnisphere/keyscape multi's I can set the buffer to 64 or even 32 in Ableton without ever hearing any audio issues or coming close to maxing out CPU or Ram. It handles it like a champ and the latency is indiscernible to me ( < 4ms running through my UBC Presonus interface)

• Like 1
Live Rig: CP88, Nord Stage 3 Compact, Moog Sub Phatty