Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tone Woods....Not!

Paul K

40 minutes ago, KuruPrionz said:

So, there you are. Picks and/or fingers/nails DO make a difference. 

eqZJw5s.jpg

And, I believe I smell...

NoTq30X.jpg 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

16 minutes ago, KuruPrionz said:

Yep, good call!

'S how I roll...  ;) 

Or were you referring to the Man in the Can... ?  :D

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Caevan O’Shite said:

'S how I roll...  ;) 

Or were you referring to the Man in the Can... ?  :D

No, on re-reading the post I replied to, it IS Spam. 

Just not paying enough attention today... 

• Like 1
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

3 hours ago, KuruPrionz said:

No, on re-reading the post I replied to, it IS Spam. 

Just not paying enough attention today... 

I try to be polite and give new posters the benefit of the doubt, more often that not; around here, it used to be that anyone even remotely, vaguely seeming to be promoting something before they'd become well known about the joint would be descended upon by the rabid wolverines. The carnage... the poor bastards...

kP5eTVF.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Caevan O’Shite said:

I try to be polite and give new posters the benefit of the doubt, more often that not; around here, it used to be that anyone even remotely, vaguely seeming to be promoting something before they'd become well known about the joint would be descended upon by the rabid wolverines. The carnage... the poor bastards...

kP5eTVF.jpg

It does send a clear message though, give some folks and inch and they'll take a mile. 

I bet you don't really look like your picture? The guitar in my avatar looks just like the guitar in the photo, no touch up or false identity. 

Honey Badgers, we need Honey Badgers. Honey Badgers don't give a shit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

1 hour ago, KuruPrionz said:

It does send a clear message though, give some folks and inch and they'll take a mile. 

I bet you don't really look like your picture? The guitar in my avatar looks just like the guitar in the photo, no touch up or false identity. 

Honey Badgers, we need Honey Badgers. Honey Badgers don't give a shit. 

Well, those are my finners- the Tele-style guitar is a terrible knockoff, a "New York Pro" that I borrowed, as it had just enough 'Tele essence' (but no Taliesin) that it'd do for a few Tele/pedal combination tests that I wanted to do...

(The following said to that New York Pro Tele-knockoff)
pKH6kAE.gif

Me 'n my Honey Badger...

kpqMbsZ.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

While this debate, and many others around guitar tone, are always fun and interesting, until someone actually does a scientifically rigorous experiment, which I'm always stunned has not happened, everyone has an anecdotal point of view. I have yet to see or hear any video, audio or personal demonstration of almost ANY claim made when discussing guitars that actually has measurable, factual information. I appreciate that this original video gave it a go, but just like in this thread, the whataboutism is rampant but also valid. Until there is actual reviewed data that can withstand scrutiny, and until there is a defined and agreed upon set of measures and terms, all of these debates and experiences are entertaining, engaging, and socially valuable, but they cannot be used to draw any factual conclusions whatsoever.

• Like 3

"For instance" is not proof.

47 minutes ago, surfergirl said:

Contrary to popular belief, perpetuated by tv shows about Hawaii, spam is not the state food of Hawaii. 

Also the Panda in my avitar is not real, I was told I couln't have a real one 

Haahhaahh!! I never thought that Spam was the State Plate of Hawaii, or anywhere. Hard to believe, I know, but I don't particularly love it...

Waddya mean that's not a real panda... ? She keeps winkin' an' smilin' at me and playing your guitar with her feet... Silly bear...

30 minutes ago, zeronyne said:

While this debate, and many others around guitar tone, are always fun and interesting, until someone actually does a scientifically rigorous experiment, which I'm always stunned has not happened, everyone has an anecdotal point of view. I have yet to see or hear any video, audio or personal demonstration of almost ANY claim made when discussing guitars that actually has measurable, factual information. I appreciate that this original video gave it a go, but just like in this thread, the whataboutism is rampant but also valid. Until there is actual reviewed data that can withstand scrutiny, and until there is a defined and agreed upon set of measures and terms, all of these debates and experiences are entertaining, engaging, and socially valuable, but they cannot be used to draw any factual conclusions whatsoever.

Truth.

• Like 1