Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT accessing third party mail

I assess mail delivered to an account in the US, but can not access mail delivered to Yahoo via Outlook 2000.

If anyone here has successfully done that, please tell what I must fill in for Servers under Properties.

For Incoming POP3 for the account that I can access, I use pop.[plus the name to the right of @]

For Outgoing Mail SMPT - I use mailrouter.[plus the name to the right of the provider]

What do I use for Yahoo (and hotmail for that matter)? Thanks, Dave

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think you can. The whole point of the free email is that you access the website and look at the adds. It USED to work (I had both my Yahoo and Hotmail accounts going to Outlook), but not anymore.

Someone correct me here if I'm wrong.

You can 'upgrade' your hotmail account, but I don't see why you would, their prices are high for what you get.

Why are you still using these services? I gave up on hotmail a while ago... I only keep the account around since I've had it for so long, and once in a while I get email there...

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

I just signed onto Yahoo and hotmail to be able to send and receive mail when I am not at home. Perhaps I could do the same with @home.nl, but I don't know if that is possible.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Originally posted by Dave Horne:

I just signed onto Yahoo and hotmail to be able to send and receive mail when I am not at home. Perhaps I could do the same with @home.nl, but I don't know if that is possible.

See if you can. My ISP has a webmail service that allows me to check my email on the web, most services have this, I believe. I use it to check at work, and then when I get home I just download everything using Outlook.

Hotmail is too damn annoying (takes a while to load, uses frames), plus I've lost some emails.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Archived