Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mainstage and MIDI out…

So, I'm waiting for my Arturia 61 and 88 Keylab MkII to be delivered on a slow plane from Germany to the UAE, I'm setting up as much stuff as I can with MainStage for a couple of gigs next weekend.

Is getting MIDI out of MainStage really this confusing? I'm usually good with this stuff.
I'm just trying to map (for the moment) a fader on my Deepmind to control a fader in my XR18 or X32 which I'm gonna use as an interface, and to save me having another app open. (iConnectivity one was just a bit flaky 😞 )

So, I'm trying to pass-through a CC from a controller thru MainStage for a bit visual feedback to the mixer. MIDI is working fine in Layout mode; the desk and MainStage mirror each other. No such luck trying to patch the fader on screen to the desk. Individual audio outs working great over USB, too, in case I want to split organ/pianos/synths. Gonna use the FX on the mixer to save a bit Reverb/Delay processing power on the Mac. 

Any ideas, MainStage gurus?

But, on another note, thoroughly enjoying programming sounds on a big screen! Thank you little Mac mini M1! 

Cheers, Adam. 

I tried this and I really can't see a way to send and map, for example, a CC00 on MIDI Channel 1 (mixer's first channel fader) from a screen control. CC01 is second mixer channel etc.
MIDI channel 2 handles Mutes from CC00, and so on…

Could always run a MIDI cable from the Arturia to the XR18 or X32 and do it directly, but I was just adamant that I was going to plug in a power cable to the rack and 2x USB cables to the keyboards, and run one app. No great hardship, though!

Then, the changes I could probably get to show up in MainStage back the other way, as the mixer is running as a hardware input. Will have another try later - got lost in programming stuff.

If you have already a) added the channel strip  for the mixer (external midi) on the right hand side pane, you should be able to b) add assignments in the "assignments and mappings" page in the middle pane and c) do some fine tuning of the specific messages sent in the bottom pane. Steps b and c should be similar to  assigning virtual controls to a soft synth. Volume should be a default message. Hope this helps.

https://support.apple.com/sv-se/guide/mainstage/mstg52ccce25/mac