Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tommy Emmanuel live!

Dave Bryce

Awesome, I'd love to hear Tommy live, and Mike Dawes too. 

Another don't miss is Richard Smith, if he comes around go see him. Incredible. I've seen him 3 times and will go again if I can. 

I've also seen David Lindley twice, he is a solo guitar act but quite different. Still, when you hear a reggae band, look up and it's David by himself playing a lap steel, that's astonishing. Antonio De Innocentis, one of the great classical guitarists. I had dinner with him at a friend's house and sat 8 feet away while he "practiced" for a couple of hours. Makes ya wanna take up the kazoo!!!! 🤪

When I was a kid in the 60's I saw Carlos Montoya. 

Last but not least, we may never see or hear his kind again but years ago I saw John Renbourn. 

• Like 1
It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

1 hour ago, Larryz said:

You were in for a treat Dave...did you try not to drool all over yourself?  Were you amazed?  I was!  😎

Mike Dawes is a cool player too....

One of the most amazing shows I've ever seen.  Seriously....I sat there with my (masked) jaw in my lap for most of the show.

dB

• Like 2

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

On 1/21/2022 at 9:24 AM, Dave Bryce said:

One of the most amazing shows I've ever seen.  Seriously....I sat there with my (masked) jaw in my lap for most of the show.

dB

I've seen Tommy twice and am now due for another Tommy fix.  +1 one of the most amazing live audience shows.  Speaking of which, if you look around the audience you'll find all of the guitar players (at least 1/2 the audience) are mesmerized and have their jaws in their laps LoL! Every guitar player should see Tommy up close just once if possible.  I'm going to attend a show by Pavlo tomorrow.  He's a world-famous guitar player out of Brazil.  I think watching extremely talented guitar players renews our faith in that the guitar will never die!  😎 

• Like 1
Take care, Larryz

Very cool Dave!  The first time I saw Tommy, I was in the nose bleeds at a Sacramento theater, and he didn't look that big.  The 2nd time I was in the 2nd row at a PBS taping studio and was amazed at how tall he is. Both shows were excellent sound wise as he travels with his own sound man.  But being up close and watching those fingers on the fretboard really adds another dimension to the show!  Great pics! 👍

• Like 2
Take care, Larryz