Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I�m sorry. (Confessions from musicians.)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe:

I dig "Disco Inferno". Always have

Someone please take Offramp out back and have him flogged! ;)

I've got a few of my own confessions, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to share them with everyone yet - they're really bad. But when I do, it will be payback time Offramp. :D

I have a feeling the time each of us "comes of age" has a lot to do with various unexplainable affectations of certain songs. I love "Disco Inferno" too, but probably only because it was my first weekend as a freshman at Iowa State, (where the drinking age was still 18), and I stood there like a pimple-faced, stunned Q-tip in a t-shirt in my very first disco!, loud music blaring, more booze than I've ever seen right there on the wall, and scantily-clad females with large uh elbows everywhere! Damn I love that song...

Oh, and Phil, Brasil '66? Was it "Look Around" by chance? ;) Wasn't too much of a Mendes fan but heard a lot of him via the Tijuana Brass and the Baja Marimba Band!

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Disco Inferno has a mondo chorus...I love the way the bass line descends through the changes in the first two bars, then spends the next two bars dropping back down and coming back up.

AND...as far as arrangements go, it's actually pretty sparse through the verses. Give it a listen.

I also like Quincy Jones' "The Dude" album. "Turn On The Action", "Just Once", and "The Dude" are some of the phuckin' BEST written.

'know what? I'm digging it out RIGHT NOW and putting it in my iPod. heh.

Lesse, who else...Sergio and Brasil '66..right on...Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass....yyyeeeaaah, baby! ("you're on...thhhheeee dATINNNG GAAAAAAMMMMME!!!")...and of course....

Tom Jones

I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

"The 80`s band Naked Eyes kicked some major posterior-one of my favorite clean tone guitar songs: You made me

promises promises"

That whole album is killer. Great songs, great performances/arrangements, and really cool production. Unfortunatly, Rob Fisher (the keyboardist) died in 1999.

Back in early '80 I was smitten with a young lady whose favorite song at the time was "Lost in Love" by Air Supply. I went home and learned it for her overnight, of course the relationship went nowhere. I'm sorry....

My gear: http://fendercaster.freeservers.com/guit3.html

If you own two Lexus cars, do you have Lexi?

Originally posted by Rabid:

I heard Ummm. Bop on the radio this morning. That song still makes me feel all happy inside.

Robert

That's probably the #2 spot in the all-time great pure pop category.

What's #1?

The 1980s tune "Pop Muzik" by M.

Duran Duran rocks!!!

I like Weezer.... but I got it 10 yrs late!!!!

I was sooo lazy...that I searched a tab on a Weezer song! That's sooo shameful!!!!

My first album that I bought was...Slippery when Wet.... I was young and impressionable!!!! (A la Conztanza "I was in the Pool!!!")

There are probably others but.... this was enuff for today..... wiefff!

Tom Jones is the man, and I say that without shame! Any performer who, after nearly a half a century in the biz, can still step on stage and unselfconsciously shake it up and do covers of artists like Prince ("Kiss") and Lenny Kravitz ("Are You Gonna Go My Way") deserves some props.

Paul Williams

I liked the music from the movie "A Star is Born" with Kris Kristofferson and Barbara Steisand. Paul wrote most of that music. Another of his "Phantom of the Paradise". Great movie with great music.

Yum, Yum! Eat em up!

Ummmmm, one of my first albums was Herbie Mann's "Push Push". :rolleyes:

Another was Deodato's 'Also Sprach Zarathustra'.

Is There Gas In The Car? :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Archived