Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Numerlogy, anyone?

Originally posted by Jimbroni:

Einstein was once quoted as saying I want to know the mind of GOD. Hardly something an atheist would say.

http://members.rogers.com/mcaputo4163/einstein.htm

http://www.simpletoremember.com/vitals/einstein.htm

I know that Stephen Hawking expressed that thought and I do not interpret that as believing in a supreme being. When we understand how this whole shooting match got here, we will be the same as God in out understanding of everything - that's my take on this. The way it is stated is clever in that both 'sides' feel they are represented.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jotown:

When you cut and paste half of a quote, (out of context with the rest of the paragraph) and then get busted, you should at least read and acknowledge that you were uninformed, and that just maybe you were mis-quoting someone to try to bolster your position. I won't hold my breath... :eek:

Good thing I didn't hold my breath. :D

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

I find it difficult to reconcile the thoughts of someone who states ... Neither can I nor would I want to conceive of an individual that survives his physical death; let feeble souls, from fear or absurd egoism, cherish such thoughts. on one hand and those who state that AE or SH were\are believers in God.

When you understand how all of the parts of a watch work together, you have entered the mind of a watchmaker. That seems like a good analogy.

No guitarists were harmed during the making of this message.

In general, harmonic complexity is inversely proportional to the ratio between chording and non-chording instruments.

Again, the quote you posted was only half of the quote (out of context). Did you read the entire quote after I provided the first half of it?

What is there for you to reconcile?

Neither of us know what Einstein thought of numerology, but at least you should read that one entire paragragh if you would like to get a better understanding of how one can be profoundly spiritual, and cosmicaly conscious, yet not believe in organized religion or a personal God.

It's all in there if you just read what Einstein said. :)

It is a rather beautiful concept.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

Originally posted by Phait:

I've been trying to figure out the signifiance of the number 357,

LEVITICUS (3) CHAPTER 5, VERSE 7

"But if he cannot afford a lamb, then he shall bring, as his guilt offering to the LORD for the sin which he has committed, two turtledoves or two young pigeons, one for a sin offering and the other for a burnt offering.

I dunno, but it sounds to me like you owe the man two turtledoves....unless you've got the extra cash for a sheep.

I'd get to work on cross-breeding those turtledoves, if I were you.

Dave,

my understanding of Albert E. is that he was definitely NOT an atheist.

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Archived