Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Wewus Does Philly

Well this is a trip. I had my little California Adventure which was a lot of fun but... left me broke as shit, AND THEN, I came back to N.C. and started looking for jobs in my field, and scored big time.

I just looked at this employment package, and I should make about 75 GRAND a year. No shit, I should have done this a long time ago. The best year I had in N.C., on my own, I made Fity Grand.

I'm moving to Philly. What a trip.

Who knows what will happen? Not me, but....I know I'm good at what I do, and I've got some plans, beyond this, one of which is...to buy or rent some commercial property, and open my own CLUB.

The problem is, I have a real moral dilemma with this. Am I allowed to make this much money? Will The Philadelphians accept me as one of their own? If I open a CLUB there, will I be allowed to serve alcohol? :D

or will I have to just suck ass because I'm a newbie? These and more questions will be answered during.......... Daze Of Our Nubbies

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been dazed like a n00b for so long it ain't true

Whatever you do, WeMaster, we're rootin' for ya.

So get you a club, and let's see a pic! :D

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

You could become a driver for Erik's band, too, I bet! My girlfriend's textbook will be published by Lippincott there in Phillie the end of this month, they may be flying us out that way for a celebration, I'll see if I have enough time to look you and Erik up.

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Good luck to ya! I'd suggest opening a club anywhere else but South Philly. In that area, you don't open a club, you walk around with one.

Oh, and if you become a Flyers fan, I'm afraid I'm going to have to get Tony No-nose and a few associates to pay you a visit.

Good luck to ya there across the river. I'll wave to ya the next time I'm in Trenton.

(name the club "Chez Wewus...Or Is It?")

Peace,

Tim from Jersey :thu:

Play. Just play.

Originally posted by Flemtone:

Good luck to ya! I'd suggest opening a club anywhere else but South Philly. In that area, you don't open a club, you walk around with one.

Oh, and if you become a Flyers fan, I'm afraid I'm going to have to get Tony No-nose and a few associates to pay you a visit.

Good luck to ya there across the river. I'll wave to ya the next time I'm in Trenton.

(name the club "Chez Wewus...Or Is It?")

Peace,

Tim from Jersey :thu:

:D Don't come all inflammatory with me Flemtone. I'll smack you down like you've never been smacked before, and....I've got some smeoples, to back that up!

Originally posted by TheWewus:

Uhhhhh, more like..I could play keyboards or guitar, in Erik's band.

I was gonna say that, but I don't think Erik would want to share plankspankin' duties, and we both know how he feels about keyboards... :D

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Aren't you up there somewhere in the NorEast Phaeton?

Not exactly... I'm in Wisconsin, atm. The land of overpriced cheese and weak beer.

Me and you are two of a kind,

I am filled with such great pride and honour that you would say that. :D

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

Originally posted by Botch.:

Uhhhhh, more like..I could play keyboards or guitar, in Erik's band.

I was gonna say that, but I don't think Erik would want to share plankspankin' duties, and we both know how he feels about keyboards... :D
Uhhhh, Erik is one The Original,Gods Of Rock, so that might have something to do with the way he feels about OUR music. I think he'll probably let me play guitar on a few tracks.

Ok, why are all of you'se guys sucking up for me? I don't need it. I've already got confirmation.

'cause we all want to borrow money from you.

(Bogart voice) "Pardon me, but could you help out a fellow American who's down on his luck?"

:D

-Tim from Jersey

Play. Just play.

I say you're not allowed to move to Philly until I get back there.

What are you up to? I leave California, you go there. You know I'll be back in Philly sometime, so you go there. You better not leave before I get back there this time!

Hey, plane tickets cost less than 75 Grand. ;)

Bring a pair of sneakers to throw over the power lines. Hope you like soft pretzels. And watch where you step; they don't believe in curb your dog in Philadelphia.
There are two theories about arguing with a woman. Neither one works.

Originally posted by blackfish:

well good luck with that!

me..my hands and feeet started to hurt after a few weeks, really screwed up my playing. hence the handgun. :cool:

A'ight thanks for the tip. I can shoot, I'll get me a little chrome plated .38... or something.

I prefer just to wail like hell on someone, maybe use a little Kung Fu, before I start shooting though.

Thanks Flem. Have you been to Rondo Music yet?

Yeah, Rondo on Rt. 46 in Totowa (or Wayne, I'm not sure). Strange place - one of the guitarists in my band was a piano-mover there for a couple of months back in the late '70s...

There are definitely better options than Rondo 'round these parts...their business ethics are, um, 'predatory' (to say the least).

Good luck!

-Tim from Jersey :thu:

Play. Just play.

Archived