Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sweetwater Soliciting Calls

I saved my Sweetwater Sales Engineer's number on my phone under the name, "SWEETWATER IS VERY LONELY" so I know right away when Brad* is worried why I haven't bought anything from them in several months.

* Name changed to protect the innocent/guilty.

To be fair though, around 5 years ago I ordered some things from them and one of the items they sent me was the wrong type, so I had to talk to my Sales Engineer (a different guy than Brad* back then, lol) and the return/exchange process was pretty smooth and painless.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to buy from Sweetwater and received frequent calls asking if there was anything they could help me with. At the time it made sense to sometimes buy from them because of sales tax savings. Sweetwater apparently only offers discounts for select customers and they would not budge on price for me. Then I started buying from Pro Audio Star in New York. Saved sales tax and they were willing to give good discounts. Now with sales tax savings gone I mostly buy from Guitar Center. They send out 20% off e-mails a few times a year and I can return an item to the local store if necessary. To the OP Guitar Center carries Motion Sound and currently has 20% off through Oct.18 if you are on their e-mail list. The 20% is not usable on some brands but might be worth checking out.

Saving on state taxes is a primary reason why I buy from B&H as much as possible. I forgot about Pro Audio Star. I have purchased a few items over the years from them. Pro Audio Star is really "aggressive" in pricing. I almost bought Bose speakers a few times as they were so low in prices. Thanks for the tips on the GC 20% coupon.

I"ve been getting calls for at least 10 years. Once â¦maybe twice a year. I always know it"s from SW because no one else ever calls me from that area code. If I don"t want to answer, they just leave me a voicemail and never try to call again in few days or whatever. It"s never been a prerecorded robocall kind of thing. If I do answer, it"s always an actual person. I"m totally ok with them calling me. That"s been my experience.
www.youtube.com/c/InTheMixReviews