Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp down

FWIW, I still can't log on.

I signed on for the two-factor identification a while back, where they send a 6-digit code number to my phone; can't get a confirmation #, and can't get any help from FB.

I think that once I do manage to log on again, I'm just going to delete my page and account.

You'll have to Google "delete Facebook account".

It was easy when I did it but it wasn't easy to find on Facebook. That's been a few years now, peaceful, pleasant years of Facebook-free joy and contentment.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a love/hate relationship with FB and I've been taking breaks from it periodically, via the "deactivate account" functionality. This allows me to not completely delete my account, but it makes me invisible on the platform and I can't use FB unless I go through the steps to reactivate (which is pretty easy, but enough steps to not simply do it any time).

Last year, I took a full break for Q4 and it was really good. I've taken off a month or two in 2021. I love FB for seeing fun posts with family and friends, cats, and off course following musicians/bands/gear. What I don't love is the overly self-absorbed sense I get from a lot of posts (I'm also guilty) - sort of a humble brag, look at me on this vacation, look at my stuff, my status, etc. It just gets very self-centered and turns me off - leading me to posting less and taking more breaks from it. I also dislike all the bickering over mostly divisive politics and stuff.