Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Upcoming gig: To spam or not to spam?

Hi folks!

I haven't been dropping in here all that much lately (but I'm still on the guitar forum pretty regularly). Sorry, it's not anything personal, I swear! :) (Honestly, I barely have enough time to keep up over there :rolleyes: ).

Anyway, my new band has a gig coming up in a few weeks. I wanted to post it here, since some of the people I know in my area (D.C.) hang out here, but not at the guitar forum, and I wanted to make sure they knew about it.

So... is that cool? If not, I'll delete the post.

Thanks!

-Neil

May all your thoughts be random!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by NMcGuitar:

Hi folks!

I haven't been dropping in here all that much lately (but I'm still on the guitar forum pretty regularly). Sorry, it's not anything personal, I swear! :) (Honestly, I barely have enough time to keep up over there :rolleyes: ).

Anyway, my new band has a gig coming up in a few weeks. I wanted to post it here, since some of the people I know in my area (D.C.) hang out here, but not at the guitar forum, and I wanted to make sure they knew about it.

So... is that cool? If not, I'll delete the post.

Thanks!

-Neil

HIO NEIL ! I'm the OFFICIAL SPAM POST CHECKER and you are fine today on my watch.

See neil, I go easy on folkes like you.. yass. all you wanna do is spread a little info 'bout a job. and it's a MUSIC job as this is a MUSIC SITE and even better as this is a music info site what better way to honor that greg anderson dude than by informing us of your show date and place.

I say bravo iffen I had a job(musical) to go to, you best beleef olde mon' that I would dang well be hollerin' it loud for all to see..

Break a laig neil, thats an olde theatre phrase that the understudy would tell the star.. not the NEIL part; the other stuff. not that i'm an understudy although I do stay under the gun studyin' musiks a lot.. not that I'm actualy being held at gunpoint I just mean to say I drive myself to larn moor. and by that I mean I'm not really piloting a motorized vehicle I meant that I . oy!

Frank Ranklin and the Ranktones

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

FRANKIE RANKLIN (Stanky Franks) <<<

I'm working on getting a link in the sig.

In the meantime, here's the link.

(I know, not a lot of info, but I had to type it up quickly).

Hey! It worked!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

<< HIO NEIL ! I'm the OFFICIAL SPAM POST CHECKER and you are fine today on my watch.

See neil, I go easy on folkes like you.. yass. all you wanna do is spread a little info 'bout a job. and it's a MUSIC job as this is a MUSIC SITE and even better as this is a music info site what better way to honor that greg anderson dude than by informing us of your show date and place. >>

I agree (although I'm already honored to be here, you don't have to do anything special :) )

You'll notice I give "regulars" more slack for several reasons:

1. Payback for contributing to the forums.

2. Many forum members have become "celebrities" within our community. Furthering connections among the community is a cool thing, and if someone has done something of interest, people here *want* to know. Hey, we all WANT Lee to win that friggin' contest!

3. Regulars generally know how to do things in a subtle, but effective, way. The idea of inserting a link in the signature is a fine solution.

Good luck at the gig!

Originally posted by Anderton:

<< HIO NEIL ! I'm the OFFICIAL SPAM POST CHECKER and you are fine today on my watch.

See neil, I go easy on folkes like you.. yass. all you wanna do is spread a little info 'bout a job. and it's a MUSIC job as this is a MUSIC SITE and even better as this is a music info site what better way to honor that greg anderson dude than by informing us of your show date and place. >>

I agree (although I'm already honored to be here, you don't have to do anything special :) )

You'll notice I give "regulars" more slack for several reasons:

1. Payback for contributing to the forums.

2. Many forum members have become "celebrities" within our community. Furthering connections among the community is a cool thing, and if someone has done something of interest, people here *want* to know. Hey, we all WANT Lee to win that friggin' contest!

3. Regulars generally know how to do things in a subtle, but effective, way. The idea of inserting a link in the signature is a fine solution.

Good luck at the gig!

Thanks, Craig. Since I haven't been hanging here as much lately I didn't want to overstep my bounds and tick somebody off.

:)

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Originally posted by Doug Osborne:

Put a link to your gig in your signature, and then go tune your guitar.

Wait!

You mean I'm supposed to tune it???? No wonder....

;)

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

• 2 weeks later...

Shameless, self-promotional bump. :wave:

It's coming up this Sunday. If any forumites from the D.C. area want to stop by and say "hi", it'd be great to see you there.

Cheers!

- Neil

www.McFaddenArts.com

www.MikesGarageRocks.com

Archived