Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How I almost made a terrible $1600 impulse buy...

Then I"m confused⦠isn"t that pretty much what I said? I guess I didn"t realize Guido was apart of Crumar officially, I figured he runs his own company but works directly with them.

Whatever it is, it"s a very small and hard working outfit, I want Andrea and everyone involved to know how much I love what they do!

Thanks!

Well... the fact is that time passes (I remember 10 years ago people calling us "the boys at Crumar"... unfortunately we are no more "boys" ahahah). We started like a micro business but, years later, and after 2 movings, I think it's not correct to still consider "Crumar" a one (or two) man operation.

As a matter of fact there's me, Guido (yes, the GSi software is a different company), someone in the customer service, 6 people in the assembly line and rsp for production, one in the administration. We have few external collaborators mainly for software and design. We don't do selling anymore (at least in Europe), because we have a partner company in the Netherlands for this, and there, there's someone working for us.

I need to add that, during the years, we outsourced many processes, we don't manage accessories directly anymore for example since 3/4 years, if we still had them in-house, we would probably have 2 more workers :-)

Many people are still a little bit amazed when they write us emails and often I'm the one replying... well that's simply because I like it and I think that customer support is probably the most importanti thing and... I like to have as much as I can under control.

Just to clarify the Crumar/GSi relation: it's easier than it seems.

As a matter of fact we consider "CRUMAR", "GSi", "GMlab" only brands... and the manufacturing company, the building (the one I'm in from monday to friday, sometimes also in the weekends), the assembly line, the R&D, call it what you want is not called "Crumar". This is a choice we made. We are also involved in other projects, we did industrialization for a few musical products that I can't tell you, we also work in other fields, different than "keyboards". I hope this will clarify a little bit.

Have a nice weekend!

Andrea Agnoletto

Clearly I should have kept my fingers shut, because I didn't know how much the company has expanded personnel-wise. What's important to me though, is that I still love my Mojo 61 and enjoy seeing what these "boys" (ha ha) produce. They are still on my radar if they make something else I want or need. :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still love my Mojo, and always interested in what Crumar is working on next. In a world of vanilla-flavored keyboards, they are a rainbow gelato.

On that other topic, the very idea of telling people you don't know how to spend their money just seems absurd to me. If someone I know extremely well asks my opinion, then maybe.

I can't imagine how suffocating it must be living in such an uptight state as to be so anxious about potentially offending all the time. Does very little towards the collective common good. English or Canadian? Haha. Lighten up man. I'm just expressing an opinion about gear.

You missed the point, which is that I don't know you, so why would I presume to tell you how to spend your money.

By the way, I'm a dyed in the wool California surfer. Kinda the opposite of uptight. Now you know . . .

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

this forum sat here untouched and ignored by its owners for the longest time. It is only in recent memory that it has been accepting advertising money from the MI industry. I can"t think of a critical review of any MI product that has ever been censored - and there are a lot of them. in fact this forum picks apart every new instrument with the greatest of detail. there are only a few representatives under the employ of MI companies that post and they do so in a very informal manner. participating in banter and at times answering a question. unless paughrock is suggesting Yamaha, Roland, etc. are posting positive reviews here without officially making themselves known. which is possible, but it wouldn"t matter because that"s like holding back a flood with your finger in the dike. if there"s a flaw in an instrument it"s going to be beat to death here. the place is not very echo chamber like unless the product is living up to expectations or is woefully less than advertised. there are opinions all over the map on stuff in the middle. this is just another opinion offered without worry of offending, repercussion or consequence.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Have a nice weekend!

Andrea Agnoletto

Thank you so much for your insight into my favorite keyboard's company! I'm still amazed by how small your outfit is, and I mean that as a compliment. I can't fathom being able to grow a company like that with just a few people. Love what you guys do! Interesting about your business relationship with GSI, and just being brands. I've also often suspected it's a similar thing between Roli and Audio Modeling, as they share some the same board members and include their products back and forth. But I'd have to ask them that!

Anyway, thanks!

Puck Funk! :)

Equipment: Laptop running lots of nerdy software, some keyboards, noise makersâ¦yada yada yadaâ¦maybe a cat?