Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Live from Singapore and Nashville - I'll be on Shueh-Li-Ong's "Music & Chat"

[/b] - Saturday July 10, at 9:30 PM EST. And there's chat, so you can ask questions, comments, and/or heckle (my favorite)! Topics range from what the 60s was *really* like in terms of music, to what the future will bring, and with a lot of stops along the way. It'll be funð! I hope some of you will be able to tune in.

Here's the link for her YouTube channel if you want to see/hear some of her previous interviews.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see this until today but the 9th was a big day for me and the 10th left me in recovery mode. The 9th was my 61st birthday but what made it monumental was that I retired from Collins Aerospace after slightly more than 30 years that day while my wife had retired from her geriatric psychiatry job at the University on the last day of June. We had a huge party in the event room at our favorite Mexican restaurant not far away, attendance was great and as near as I can recall everyone had a great time!

Glad to hear things are going well for you!

Things are not currently going as well as I would have hoped! We had a burglary on the 5th and I lost two MBP's. One of those was a refurb 2015 I'd recently bought and dedicated to our music gig. It was working great and I'd used it at the last couple of gigs.

We have a huge gig coming up so I bought a refurb 2017 MBP where the ports are now all Thunderbolt 3. I've spent the day getting various software going again with good success but when I got down to the hardware business I discovered that my MOTU 828x with the Thunderbolt 2 port is not showing up. It hadn't even occurred to me that it wouldn't work through the expensive Apple Thunderbolt 2 to 3 adapters I'd bought. I'm so screwed. The beginning of my life as a full time musician is currently looking grim.

I discovered that my MOTU 828x with the Thunderbolt 2 port is not showing up. It hadn't even occurred to me that it wouldn't work through the expensive Apple Thunderbolt 2 to 3 adapters I'd bought. I'm so screwed.

I think it should work, maybe there's some preference or check box or something. Check with the Apple "geniuses" but also check with MOTU. Even though Apple screwed them over, they're always happy to support their interface users. Maybe there's a firmware change or something.

If all else fails, try obedia.com. It'll cost you a nominal amount to have them do a remote desktop thing, but they 've solved what I though were intractable Windows problems and they do Mac, too. They know their stuff.

Don't you just love it when that happens?!?

It"s hard to imagine getting a better result! I"ve been a good customer with them for quite a few years now and this obviously assures that"ll continue.

I"d already ordered another 2015 MBP but having two at the ready is good, that"s the way it was before.