Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Moving on to amps...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW, Treble Boosters helped Prog Guitarists like Steve Hackett and Steve Howe cut through the Synth-heavy mixes of their bands.

And some simply used JBL D120 speakers, with the glass shattering trebles. I'm not in their league but was in a loud, messy band so I put a pair of D120's in the bottom of my 4-12" cab and a pair of EVM 12L's in the top.

So glad I don't have to lug that around anymore!!!!!

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

FWIW, Treble Boosters helped Prog Guitarists like Steve Hackett and Steve Howe cut through the Synth-heavy mixes of their bands.

Hmn, I didn't know that about Steve Howe using a treble booster; that makes sense, though, thinking of his overall sound, especially on live concert recording. Cool. Thanks!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Does anybody plug into the normal channel? If so, why? :idk:

Brian May uses the Normal channel on his AC30 - through a Treble Booster (various ones over the years).

Treble boosters can bring an amp to life. One of my favorite tricks with modelers.

I've enjoyed putting various favorite octave-fuzz and distortion pedals in front of digital-modelers; VAST improvement, really bringing 'em to life.

I"m hip. I also quite like running digital gear through some kind of tube pre/compressor.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk: