Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - Online gaming...

RABid

I'm all in for gaming with the MPN crew! It doesn't matter if we're not hardcore gamers; the main thing is to have a good time and connect with fellow community members.
As for organizing, if no one steps up, maybe we can take the lead together. I've heard great things about Eaglecraft, and it seems like a fantastic place to dive into some Minecraft adventures (https://minecraftforfreex.com/eaglercraft/). Building and exploring together could be a ton of fun, and we can create our virtual world.
Whether it's Fortnite, Minecraft, or any other game, count me in.

re: kids I can vouch for that.  There was a window where we did some gaming together, but even a lot of that was "let's play with Dad so we can ridicule his lack of skill" :)  We had some good times though.  Eventually even though my sons and I were still gaming we had different tastes.

I absolutely can't abide the nest of trolls and losers that is the "online community" for most games.  Thin skin I guess.  People are so incredibly toxic from the safety of mom's basement and that's not counting the older toxic people.   The racist and misogynistic crap I've seen even on tame servers like the ones in WoW I just have no time for, so I've quit playing any online games.   I might do WoW again for a while during the next expansion, but even there without a group of friends playing it just lacks a lot for me.

And yeah when my kids were little I did have windows of time, but I wasn't able to commit to any "gaming night" or anything involving a solid stretch of time.  Neither of my kids would ever sleep solidly for even an hour it would seem like, and telling the wife that "I can't go check on the kid, my raid is taking on the last boss" sounds like a recipe for getting something sawn off in my sleep...

As far as Minecraft goes, I really like a lot of the "kitchen sink" type modpacks.   Enigmatica, All the Mods etc.  So many different and cool things to build.  On the negative side, my computer is a bit older and it struggles on some modpacks.