Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Best Keyboard for Clav?

23 hours ago, BenWaB3 said:

Congrats on the SK2. I had an SK1 and remember its clav sound to be standout, something that sadly has not been replicated on the SK Pro I own now, even with its multiple pickup settings.

Does anyone know which clav emulation is used in the SK-X? I'm thinking about upgrading from my SK-2 sometime soon, but I'm concerned that it might be a downgrade, clav-wise, if the SK-X has the same clav as the SK Pro.

EDIT: I only just found out about the SK-X Pro. Somehow I missed that announcement entirely. My question was about the "original" SK-X, but I suppose I'm curious about the SK-X Pro as well. In summary:

1) SK-2 - good clav

2) SK Pro - bad clav

3) SK-X - ???

4) SK-X Pro - ???

Would love for someone to clue me in on 3 & 4!

I own a D6, as many have said there is nothing like playing the real thing. 
I'm obviously very biased but some of the Casio keyboards like the CT-S500 have killer Clavinet sounds. They sampled a couple different pickup positions and the amp simulator capabilities are IMO the best you'll find anywhere.  The only downsize is that expression pedal can not be assigned to the wah effect but even if you picked up an extra cry-baby pedal you're still way less expensive than most of the options mentioned here. 

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.