Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Using Komplete Kontrol on stage with the light guide

MorayM

Hi everyone, it's been a while! Had lots of musical and non-musical stuff to keep me away sadly.

Anyway, I've been playing keys in a Rammstein tribute band for the last year or so, and it's a blast. Got the pyro, got the treadmill, got the costumes! The downside is the PC3K8 I use for the gig. It's way too big for this kind of gig so I'm looking around for downsizing options. I can't find a PC3K6 anywhere so am looking into software. I'm very taken with the idea of using a Komplete Kontrol 61 Mk2 live because of the light guide but I can't find anything online about setting it up the way I want to, with different colours for all the different sample zones. A common setup for this gig might be a handful of one-shot sounds on the bottom octave (each a different colour), then a couple of octaves of custom string/choir samples in Kontakt in another colour, then a lead from Massive (or Kontakt if it's easier) at the top in another colour again.

Does anyone know if this setup is possible, and what software (Windows preferably) would I need to look at to make it happen? Bonus points if it can receive MIDI patch changes from our playback system! I've read them excellent post from EscapeRocks from a couple of years ago about this but I'm hoping people can provide a bit more detail.

TIA!

Cephid - Progressive Electro Rock

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic