Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

"Acid Bass" 303-type loops from Dr. Anderton

True to his word, brother Craig has delivered yet another cool, way affordable piece for the digital tool kit to the MPN Shop on Friday.

This is one is a loop library of TB-303 "acid bass"-type loops., There are 39 unique loops, in three different keys, for 117 loops total. All the files use the REX format, and the price is $9.95.

When it launches, Craig will post some free samples in the Free section of craiganderton.org.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's not 303 loops? But it is 303 loops, except there's 117 303 loops?

I edited the title...hope it makes more sense now.

When it launches, Craig will post some free samples in the Free section of craiganderton.org.

Thanks for the mention, Dave! The sample loops are now posted in the "free" section at craiganderton.org, along with the other various freebies.

I should probably put some free samples from the "Surreal Reverb Impulse Responses" there, too...

Much better, Sir Craig!!!

I was just goofing on Mr. Bryce a bit. :- D

What is the story on the Surreal Reverb Impulse Responses? I like surreal reverb... Thanks, Kuru

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

What is the story on the Surreal Reverb Impulse Responses? I like surreal reverb... Thanks, Kuru

Well, these reverb impulse responses (IRs) aren't derived from acoustical spaces, hardware reverbs, or anything from the physical world. Instead, they're synthesized, stereo impulses that are fabricated from de-correlated noise, digital filtering, and amplitude shaping.

Using white noise as reverb impulses for convolution reverbs has been done before, but hasn't gained much acceptance because the sound lacks the "character" of a physical room. That's where the digital filtering and amplitude shaping come into play. I was able to shape the impulses into having a variety of characters, which I tried to describe in words for the presets - "thin," "muffled," "resonant," "fat," etc.

Lately, I've pretty much stopped using other reverb impulses, unless I want an authentic room sound, which is rare. It's a bit different mixing with them, because there's a fine line between too little and too much. For vocals, I created several impulses optimized for vocals; I find they add reverb to the voice, without spilling over so much into the other tracks. I also did some impulses with pre-delay specifically for drums, although the "fat" character has its uses :)

One of the aspects of synthesizing impulses is there is zero flutter, periodicity, etc. The longest reverbs in the package are 8 seconds, but you can do 20 second reverbs if you want, as long as your convolution reverb can accept relatively big impulse files.

There are complete details in the documentation, as well as an

if you want to hear what they sound like.