Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

any "audio heads" out there twiddling their thumbs?

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum to post but here goes. Just finished up a couple of rough mixes (synth-wave-y type music) and looking for a little feedback. I'm not an audio producer but a lifelong musician who is just experimenting around with keyboards, following my ear, and learning as I go. I can post dropbox links or send them to whomever may be interested in giving feedback. For me it's all about the learning process. Ideally the person giving feedback would have some experience mixing, producing audio, or would at least have more experience than myself (which isn't a lot).

cheers! :cool:

dreamcommander.bandcamp.com

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Consider posting it up in the Shameless Plugs sub-forum. We frequently share tracks up there for eval.

dB

This is one excellent resource.

Another is Metapop.com. I've been doing remixes there in an attempt to win NI Komplete Ultimate which is usually first prize in the remix competitions.

They have a feedback forum frequented by all sorts of audiophonic weirdos at all levels.

Worst case, I've learned a LOT about my DAW, mixing and production just by playing around with other people's music. The lack of an emotional bond with the tracks allows me to freely experiement objectively, that has been hugely valuable to me and I recommend it.

It's great to get feedback from more experienced folks. An uneducated viewpoint can also be valuable.

Maybe one of your friends who does not engage in the music arts will speak to something that others will overlook.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.