Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

"Thumbs Up" for Music Tribe Warranty Service

Old No7

* Warranty Repair/Service or Replacement *

...Something we know is there, but we all wish to avoid if possible...

"Thumps up" to Music Tribe's Care Portal for their fast response to a problem that developed with my recently purchased Behringer Xenyx 802 Mixer. The power plug -- even without routine plugging or unplugging (as I'm not in a band) -- loosened up and would rock up/down, sometimes cutting the power. I entered a support request online and mailed the unit to Las Vegas on the 12th, and just got a brand new unit today -- 1 week later. Other than paying to ship it back, it was an easy, hassle-free and very quick response.

Too often we pile on companies when they do poorly for us, but Music Tribe did well by me.

Now to get back to my "other" keyboards!!

Old No7

Yamaha MODX6 * Hammond SK Pro 73 * Roland Fantom-08 * Crumar Mojo Pedals * Mackie Thump 12As * Tascam DP-24SD * JBL 305 MkIIs

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Behringer did well by me when my Model D refused to update. I find it annoying to have to cover shipping costs back to the manufacturer for something that is clearly a manufacturing defect (firmware, in my case)--it effectively adds to the purchase price. That said, it ended well.

The D was the only piece of Behringer gear I'd ever bought up to that point. I now have a second D (which updated firmware without problems), so I now have two pieces of Behringer gear, albeit of the same model.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

I hadn't owned any Behringer gear for years with the exception of a MIDI Pedalboard, but have bought several of their recent synth reissues. I've had slight problems with each, but Behringer has been very prompt and responsive to service requests. After several back and forth emails with their support, it was determined that my Neutron needed CV calibration so I just shipped it off to Las Vegas earlier this week. I must say I was pleasantly surprised by how responsive their support was for extremely inexpensive gear. This is in sharp contrast to some other music vendors (Native Instruments, Moog) where I get NO response to support requests, or get extremely tardy response.

Customer service does make a difference to me, and I remember who is responsive and who is not and that does guide my future purchase decisions.

Knabe baby grand, Hammond A100, Leslie 251, Wurlitzer 200A, Clavinet C, Minimoog Model D, Synthesizers.com modular, Sequential Prophet 6, GSI DMC-122 and Gemini module, Kurzweil PC3-X