Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Amplification on a bicycle

GerbenD

Yeah Reezekeys, I did take a look at the Alto TS308, the specifications really seem great. I am also considering two of the older TS208's which are quite a bit lighter and less than half the cost. It does lack inputs though, the frequency range starts at 75 instead of 62 and less volume overall (113 vs 126 dB).

This is purely anecdotal but I believe there are a few posts here commenting on the Alto 2xx series as having reliability issues. The "frequency range" difference in the low end â "starting at 75 instead of 62" â is not a spec that would concern me. A speaker's sound is better represented by it's response graph over the full range of frequencies. "Starting at" is kind of vague anyway. AFAIK most speakers' freq response specs are quoted at 3db down points (I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong). A speaker that's truly flat to either 75 or 62Hz should have adequate bass response for a keyboard if you play typical piano and synth patches. Of course in a very loud band where you need to pump out undistorted Hammond pedals or heavy synth bass you would want bigger speakers and more amp wattage â but at that point you're far beyond anything you could carry on a bicycle!

And yes, I would definitely try things without a mixer first, if you're only connecting a single keyboard and that keyboard has its own eq and efx.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic