Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MPN Video: Nashville Keyboard Players Summit - Part II

We're incredibly lucky to be able to present this amazing video of some of the best and the brightest sharing their knowledge and experience. :boing:

Deep thanks to Casio for their support, to Mike Martin for all his hard work producing the video, to all the amazing keyboard players listed above who contributed their time and shared their stories, to Steve Fortner for winding them up and letting them go...and especially to The Great and Powerful Prez - brother Steve Nathan - for making this happen.

Enjoy!

[video:youtube]

dB

* For those who may have missed it, Part I of this video can be found here.

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovin' this...so fun to hear these guys just chat and compare observations and lessons learned. And I echo the above comment about this being such an amazing part of the new KC. Great work from Dave, Mike Martin and Steve and whomever else helped put this together. I'm sure I speak for everyone here by saying we all appreciate the considerable effort that goes into the production of these!

I loved this. And interesting how universal the comment about not having grown up playing country music was, given how much of the "sound" of Nashville piano is in that room. Ironically the Nashville sound might really be, "The sound of players who grew up playing other genres, playing country." (But with that sense of reverence and respect for the tradition that Matt and Steve both mention.)

Thanks for putting this together, Dave, Steve(s), Mike, and company.

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

Okay interesting story:

First, I just caught up and watched Part 1 and 2 today. When the roster said "Charlie Judge", I had to do a little research. I'll be damned if that is the Charlie Judge who sold me my very first synth in 1980.

I had just turned 18, and he was working in a tiny little music shop in Tucson, Az. about a year or two before he went to play with The Grass Roots.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu: