Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Melodyne... The 8th Wonder of Modern Software?

Chris, thanks for following up here and for crediting me for the heads up! (I shared the existence of this thread with Chris in a post I made in one of the Gearslutz forums.) It's too bad that Melodyne still alters audio by merely importing and exporting it, even without processing! I had hoped Celemony would have solved that by now... I agree with you though that sometimes what the program can accomplish musically may be worth the sonic hit. It's just unfortunate that one has to make that choice.

I imagine that Craig is at The NAMM Show right now, so I'm guessing he missed your post. Perhaps one of us will bump the thread back to the front page again next week so he may see it upon his return.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I watched the video off the web site. From what I can see it is a very powerful piece of software that is not quite mature yet, but certainly would pay for itself in a studio. Not having to spend time doubling vocals, retaking, etc adds up to efficiency, and that saves time, which allows you to work on more projects. Like everything, I am sure there is a learning curve ( or cliff), and it would pay to have a loaded up computer (probably a PC with the prices of 1 gb sticks for the macs). But, it sure looks like a damn good execution of a great idea. I'll be curious to see how the big dogs respond...( Logic, Sonar, PT, MOTU)

"It's too bad that Melodyne still alters audio by merely importing and exporting it, even without processing! I had hoped Celemony would have solved that by now..."

I've been playing with the 2.5 demo and have been saving up for Melodyne and I'm confused mow. It's my understanding that the Melodyne Bridge works as a plug-in within apps., I use Sonar3, so am I missing something?

Why would do you have to export an audio file from a plug-in used within a sequencer to that sequencer? :confused:

I hope there is a further news about it at NAMM.

Originally posted by declan:

[QB

Why would do you have to export an audio file from a plug-in used within a sequencer to that sequencer? :confused:

I hope there is a further news about it at NAMM.[/QB]

The plugin bridge you mention is merely a convenient way to have both apps communicate and in the case of Protools for example, have it use it's hardware for input and output.

Melodyne still has to import the audio file and process it into it's own 'format' before it can do anything with it. Which makes sence ...

Chris Lambrechts

http://www.sos-recording.com

another nice place to hang out :

http://www.gearslutz.com

Thanks for the response Chris. I was making assumptions, I think. What you say makes sense but I assumed for instance that when you launch Soundforge (I don't have Soundforge) from within sonar you edited, saved and you're done.

I used to be able to grasp the written word until I got into this stuff.

I'll bombard Celemony with my ignorance and needs. :)

I downloaded the demo and I'm VERY impressed. I'm also hesitant to buy without seeing how it runs as a VST plug in SX.

Why would anyone use Auto Tune with this thing available? Really, you can go in and correct individual words of phrases quickly instead of the tedium of chopping up a track to auto-tune a word here and there.

I emailed them with a few questions and a request for a 5-Day fully enabled demo. If it works as a VST plug as advertised I'm sold.

Lawrence

Archived