Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Modes Cheat Sheet

Music With Marky

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Aboard Music With Marky! Thanks for posting the chart... :thu:

I was looking through your YouTube videos and found one very interesting. I'm going to post it on another thread as I think it would add to it with regard to dressing up the pentatonic scale by adding just one note. Many one hit wonders post to this forum just to draw subscribers to their YT videos. I'm guessing by your comment on the "which guitar you would keep" thread (i.e. the PRS), that you are more inclined to stick around and participate in conversations and not just promoting. I hope you don't mind me posting your YT on my A MInor Scale and Backing Track thread (which I'm going to bump) as I think it will help a lot of players see the benefit of combining the Pentatonic and Diatonic scales and borrowing notes... :cool:

Take care, Larryz

Thanks for the share, I certainly appreciate it. And I do - of course - hope people will like my YT stuff, but I also am really happy to find this place and participate in the chat. One great thing about starting the channel is finding communities like this and interacting with players all over the world. It's really eye opening, seeing what people are thinking, wanting to learn, and showing to others.
Music With Marky - A YouTube Channel For Guitarists Who Want To Make Better Music

@ Marky, We have forum members from all over the world and they will chime in now and then. Canada, Japan, Australia, Scotland, China, and all over the USA. Facebook cut into our participation levels but there are still a few of us that keep things going.
Take care, Larryz

I learned about the modes from Emily Remler, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_Remler one of my three guitar teachers. She was the one who hipped me to the modes. In fact my first lesson homework plan was to create a chord progression in the Dorian Mode here is the result. https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/player.cfm?songID=8789159 the slow part is the chord progression in the Dorian Mode the fast part was a chord progression she taught me that interested me because it had a sharped fifth chord going into the turn around. I play the chords every day in my practice session. I called the song Emily By The Sea Floating By In Her Dory, later on I shortened that name to Emily By The Sea.

I learned about the modes from Emily Remler, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emily_Remler one of my three guitar teachers. She was the one who hipped me to the modes. In fact my first lesson homework plan was to create a chord progression in the Dorian Mode here is the result. https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/player.cfm?songID=8789159 the slow part is the chord progression in the Dorian Mode the fast part was a chord progression she taught me that interested me because it had a sharped fifth chord going into the turn around. I play the chords every day in my practice session. I called the song Emily By The Sea Floating By In Her Dory, later on I shortened that name to Emily By The Sea.

I couldn't get the song to play in my browser. =[ I'll have to see if it works from the phone.

Music With Marky - A YouTube Channel For Guitarists Who Want To Make Better Music