Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

HOME BURNED CEEDEE "crackles" and is Full of static . WHY,WHY,WHY?

Otay! My homegrown ceedees sounde fine(as homegrown stuff goes) in car stereos and cheaper home stereos and boomboxes, only when I played my stuff in a really nice stereo it was all crackle and static..

Why is this?

can I do something to prevent this in the future?

What is the difference between MUSIC CEEDEEs(cdr) and plain CDR?

I had no idea those crackles were present and I wish I could fix it..

Frank Ranklin and the Ranktones

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

FRANKIE RANKLIN (Stanky Franks) <<<

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arell, I think, if you hold the burn speed to 4X or less you'll have fewer issues.

Though there're not supposed to be problems with faster burns I find more errors and mis-burns when going above 4X. I use CD Creator and a Liteon burner.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Yep, burn at slower speeds for fewer errors. I still burn mine at 2X for music. (I'll burn MP3's a bit higher). Higher speeds are fine for backing up and writing smaller files. Also, recording from a disk image on the hard drive seems to help.

It takes longer, but I just find something else to do while it burns. Experiment until you find the fastest speed on yours that gives good results. CDR's are cheap. Maybe you could just record a few with the same content (maybe 4-5 songs just to make it quicker), at a variety of speeds, then mark them 4x, 8x, 16x, etc. Then listen to them all on different systems, and especially the high end systems, and see how high you can go. Then you'll know for sure.

Tele :freak:

I don't know, it may be that particular stereo's cd player. I burn at 48x all the time and have had no problems playing them back on any cd player.
www.myspace.com/thefunkfather

I noticed the same thing a few years ago. I was using the Green Dye CD-R's and which played back great everywhere. It even was sent to a dupe house and made great sounding copies. However, I once took that CD-R to Mars Music and plopped it into a Masterlink to demo some monitors. Static central. The only thing I could think of was the msterlink didn't read the CDs well. I copied the Cd to a purple dye CD and it seemed to play back much better when I went back.

All in all, I've found Imation and TDK to be very reliable.

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

--------------------

Reporter: "Ah, do you think you could destroy the world?" The Tick: "Ehgad I hope not. That's where I keep all my stuff!"

Now that you um uh typed it I DO USE them green dyed monsters... ckkk,ckkk ahahaha!

That HIGH END ceedee player I mentioned; It's the onliest one that I've ever hoid the skatic come out of.

Dude tole me iffen I use an outboard burner it'll stop the static crackles...

is this correct?

Frank Ranklin and the Ranktones

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

FRANKIE RANKLIN (Stanky Franks) <<<

Before you spend $'s on a new burner, maybe you should try some new CDs first. Redbook is Redbook. I doubt it's the burner unless your generating tons of errors, but that wasn't my case.

Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.

Mark Twain (1835-1910)

--------------------

Reporter: "Ah, do you think you could destroy the world?" The Tick: "Ehgad I hope not. That's where I keep all my stuff!"

Archived