Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

first-gen Motif question, A/D input routing to output?

zephonic

For this gig on Friday the backline company can't provide a Motif XF or ES, they only have an original Motif.

I'm looking at the manual here, but am not entirely clear whether the AD input can be routed directly to the output or not? This is possible on all later Motifs, so I figure it should be on this one as well, but the manual doesn't specifically confirm this. It only talks about recording into the Motif.

What I usually do on these away gigs is I connect my laptop to the inputs of the board so I can use the volume slider of the Motif. Just want to make sure this is possible with the 1st-gen Motif. Anyone know this for a fact?

Thanks!

local: Korg Nautilus 73 | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not tried it myself as I don't have a "classic" Motif, but if you can record with it, I'm guessing the inputs go the main outs. Here's why: if you're sampling an effected electric guitar, for example, direct into the Motif, you're going to be able to hear it while you play it. So I'd say it goes to the main outs. Also ask over at the Motifator forums if you haven't already. They specialize in all four models.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Actually, it has to. There was a board called the PLG-150VH sold which applied vocal harmonies to any mic connected.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Also ask over at the Motifator forums if you haven't already. They specialize in all four models.

Of course, I should have thought of that. Thanks!

local: Korg Nautilus 73 | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

Archived