Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sysex File Nightmare

allan_evett

Has anyone here purchased and installed any of the Synthcloud libraries for the Waldorf Blofeld? I recently picked up a new, Blofeld keyboard; it's been updated to current OS, and works well (none of the previous OS operational glitches noticed).

So I recently downloaded Synthcloud's Blofeld Monster Pack VS 2. The sample set loaded perfectly - using Spectre (Waldorf's sample and soundset app), but the sysex-based soundset install has been driving me bonkers. While Spectre also allows for the loading of soundsets, Synthcloud uses a separate Blofeld editor - and its YouTube instruction link is grainy, and at warp speed; meanwhile the webpage help link is defunct.

I'm going back and forth with Synthcloud, trying to sort this out. But if anyone here has found a tears-free way to load sysex patch info to the Blofeld, I'm ready for an alternate solution.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks, guys! I just started using PC a few years ago, so I'll check out MIDI OX. Meanwhile, Emily at Synthcloud just suggested Bome Send SX as an alternative.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

that's because, well, I recommended it to Emily also. ;):cool:

:thu:

Archived