Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MAudio BX8A and JBL LSR 2325 Monitor question

70x7

Ive been using my M Audio BX8A for the last 2 years with an A&H or Yamaha Mixer never playing loud in a small church.

Never seem to have any problems I find the sound is so much better than the PA for clarity and stereo.

Down the road I will be playing in small church venues just me on keys and a female singer with acoustic guitar I was hoping to use the JBL LSR 2325s (I used them 3 times in a department store...long story) couldnt believe how well they worked.

Any recommendations???

I know theyre not meant for PA purposes but a lot of small church PA systems are just terrible

and I dont plan to play loud and have carrying cases

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your using near field monitors and yes they should sound better than PA speaker, but they really aren't designed to project to fill a room. I think you need to start looking at small powered PA speakers like the QSC K8.2 or similar speakers, they will project to fill the entire room and have multiple inputs when space is limited and just need keys and vocal.

Of course there is the option to use bigger studio monitors, but you'd have to get a bank loan to pay for them.

Archived