Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Old Crow Medicine Show

Another cool band to check out. Reminds me alot of Goose Creek Symphony in a way. Cept no electric stuff, just bluegrass style instruments. Hogwaller Ramblers, Special Ed and the Shortbus all fall in to the same category of quirky songs, good instrumentation, and no bullshit music. I hear they played Conan O'Brien the other night.
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by John O. Lennon:

OK but kinda generic, I thought, after hearing them on the Old Time Radio Hour, an internet/TV broadcast from Kentucky.

Well I don't think they sound all that generic, possibly that they aren't all that flashy makes them appear to be, dunno. I guess I'm just getting into simplicity these days, which to me makes it all the more beautiful. :)

Their song about Vietnam is pretty dang awesome in the same way Son Volt doing Ron Wood's Mystify is. Its the purity of it all I think.

Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

I agree Gene. That's some good shit. Great music in a simple, superbly played style. The video is a bit different than what you'd expect from a B.G. band & I like it.

Thanks for posting to a couple of great young bluegrass outfit's info.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

Archived