Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

best mac mp3 encoder?

hi there, I understand joint stereo is not the best sounding option. so which option do I want? 128 seems to be the rate of choice right now too, is it acceptable for non-critical listening? I hear a lot of "swirling" in the top end of many mp3s. That is what I want to avoid. so what is the current "best encoder" and which app has it? free is better but I have audion already, is there a good encoder in audion? remember I am on a mac. many thanks, sorry I'm so ig on mp3's
theo

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by theom: [b]hi there, I understand joint stereo is not the best sounding option. so which option do I want? 128 seems to be the rate of choice right now too, is it acceptable for non-critical listening? [/b][/quote] non-critical? I don't know which is the best but a free one will be Itune - you can choose the depth (yeah 128 is the prefered right now - higher rate =bigger file + better quality) Why is it importent to you? What do you make those MP3 for ? MP3 is not here for the quality but for the small file size.

Rotshtein Danny - Studio Engineer

Jingles show-reel

Visit DarlingNikkie.com To discover the sounds of "Darling Nikkie"(aka Jade 4U). . . .

New exciting project Goddess of Destruction

This is a list of Mac mp3 players... [url=http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/mac/MP3/]Mac mp3 Players[/url] http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/mac/MP3/ Marc, how smooth a loop is depends on where you edit the piece of audio. An editing program where you can see the waveform would be helpful for that task. If your loops are smooth and in time, sounds like you're doing alright with what you have. Sly :cool: Oh yeah, I use Bias Peak for editing. It's not free either.
Whasineva ehaiz, ehissgot ta be Funky!

Sly, i use BiasPeak & PT TDM, and loops can be very smooth, i converted them in Peak, and afterwards placed in Macromedia Flash , the smoothness was gone , just like the convertion added a piece of silence . Read i'm not the only one with that problem, but converting to MP3 via Itunes solved the problem .

Marc, That's interesting that lowly iTunes would be the solution!? Score one for iTunes. As to Bias, sounds like the loops weren't merged into a single long soundfile. It might work if you copy and paste the loop section of audio, then merge them into a single sound file. Sly :cool:
Whasineva ehaiz, ehissgot ta be Funky!

Sly, it's a typical problem : perfect loops , wether in Peak or PT, converted to MP3's & then put into Macromedia Flash , the perfectness is gone ! But as i said , you can solve it with iTunes ....although sometimes some more accurate editing in Peak or PT could be necessary . Just doing the best we can Salute Marc

Archived