Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Funny stuff that sorta makes sense

Song80s

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lil Miquela has become a digital influencer in the fashion industry:

Shes a 19-year-old fashion model and singer, with a Brazilian background. In a matter of two years, shes gained over a million followers, modeled the clothes of some of the highest fashion brands, and just raised $6 million to keep it up.

But, shes not really a she at all.

Or is she ?

[video:youtube]

In this video, its asserted she is a fake person created by some music co.. just to sell and market ' stuff "

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Words of wisdom with a humorous twist, eh? Then how about this, from "Soupy Sez".....(SALES that is ;) )

"Be true to your teeth and they won't be false to you." :D

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Words of wisdom with a humorous twist, eh? Then how about this, from "Soupy Sez".....(SALES that is ;) )

"Be true to your teeth and they won't be false to you." :D

Whitefang

Good one, Mr WF, Fun to see you are a geezer, since you recall Soupy Sales. To take it further Ernie Kovacs was a comedic genius, esp with his video experimentation.

[70's Songwriter]

"When we set things up to make any real balance in our lives a virtual impossibility, we are evincing disloyalty to what we value most."

- Jon Kabat-Zinn

I read this 3 x. I think I get it

:)

[70's Songwriter]

In my mind I'm tryna reconfigure the thread's title into something that can be answered: "Life on Earth"...not quite there yet...but this is close:

very enjoyable ! Good find

[70's Songwriter]

Hmmm...still tryna digest that quote from Johnny Combat-Zen just above (great name for a punky band, BTW).

Here's one from another philosophicist, Umberto Eco:

"Perhaps the mission of those who love humanity is to make ppl laugh at the truth...b/c the truth lies in learning to free ourselves from insane passion for the truth."

In an entirely diff realm, I like the contrast in the 20th C's most exemplary artist team: John Lennon & Sir Paulie McCartney.

[Not only would they never likely offered JL a knighthood, but he'd already sent back his earlier MBE award]

Ex A:

Macca: "I gotta admit it's gettin' better---"

Lennon cuts him short: "---Couldn't get no worse !"

Ex B:

Mac: "I've got a feeling, a feeling deep inside, Oh Yeah!"

Lennon: "I've got an itchy bum..." :facepalm:

Somehow it sorta makes sense that those 2, despite all their diffs in temperament, wound up together, eh ?

d=halfnote

Hmmm...still tryna digest that quote from Johnny Combat-Zen just above (great name for a punky band, BTW).

Here's one from another philosophicist, Umberto Eco:

"Perhaps the mission of those who love humanity is to make ppl laugh at the truth...b/c the truth lies in learning to free ourselves from insane passion for the truth."

In an entirely diff realm, I like the contrast in the 20th C's most exemplary artist team: John Lennon & Sir Paulie McCartney.

[Not only would they never likely offered JL a knighthood, but he'd already sent back his earlier MBE award]

Ex A:

Macca: "I gotta admit it's gettin' better---"

Lennon cuts him short: "---Couldn't get no worse !"

Ex B:

Mac: "I've got a feeling, a feeling deep inside, Oh Yeah!"

Lennon: "I've got an itchy bum..." :facepalm:

Somehow it sorta makes sense that those 2, despite all their diffs in temperament wound up together, eh ?

excellent post, brother d

Keep working Johnny Combat-Zen quote. It takes a minute or 2.

About Macca/Lennon:

John Lennon never liked McCartneys concept for Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band. I just threw in some songs, he later admitted. They didnt have anything to do with the concept. I found the whole thing contrived.

he album went on to win four Grammies and Professor Kevin Dettmar, writng in The Oxford Encyclopedia of British Literature described it as the most important and influencial rock-and-roll album ever recorded.

Lennon still thought it was contrived and weird and didnt think much of McCartney suggesting it.

Contrived can be seen as weird yet, during the psychedelic era, dressing in old military band uniforms proved acceptably freaky. Sales topped 32 million copies worldwide by 2011, a long time considering we stopped taking acid around 1969.

[70's Songwriter]

If you have a cheese cake face, you are too late ;)

The Cheesecake Factory's free cheesecake deal ends in chaos, furious customers, and reports of battling delivery people

https://www.sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/articleComments/cheesecake-factory-deal-issues-sold-out-problems-13445420.php

The Cheesecake Factory debuted a deal to give away 40,000 cheesecakes via DoorDash on Wednesday.

The cheesecakes had already sold out at many locations as of 2 p.m. EST, sparking backlash from angry customers who did not order in time.

"The lies they tell about the free cheesecake I download the ap and they said this area isnt honoring it smh," one person commented on The Cheesecake Factory's Facebook page.

=============================================================

They LIE. OMG. Lets take to the streets with empty cheese cake boxes, my entitled friends. Where's the justice ?

[70's Songwriter]

"Let them eat (cheese)cake!"

Not exactly a call to revolution . . .

There are some rules of 'don't ' when dealing with customers;

- never mess with their money

- don't screw up their food

-if you say its free, be prepared for more demands

[70's Songwriter]

Where's the justice ?

Sometimes...or perhaps the sum of times...justice is really "just ice"

yes. Thats true.

Ice is also a term for a stimulant street drug.

I am re-watching Breaking Bad ;)

[70's Songwriter]

I was thinking more in terms of "justice = a cold break".

These being enlightened times, I offer a multi-generational choice.

Let us begin w/the gtr-istic saga of the sage Lowell George

Then the cold futurism of NOW

&, after that, we might needa cool back a bit w/the cold comfort of the R&B Doctor

Aaaaaaaaaaaah----ain't that (n)ice !

d=halfnote

Archived