Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What Is A Real Magician?

Dave Bryce

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ha Ha!! To be a real magician, one must be able to read runes. There, I've said it.

J.S. Bach Well Tempered Klavier

The collected works of Scott Joplin

Ray Charles Genius plus Soul

Charlie Parker Omnibook

Stevie Wonder Songs in the Key of Life

Weather Report Mr. Gone

My first apartment felt like I was living in runes...........

Ill do it for you........ :facepalm:

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

David Blaine is. My family and I watched a very long vid of his on youtube ("fooling celebs" or some such) and I don't see how he does some of that stuff.

He stuck (or appeared to stick) an ice pick through his hand in front of a doctor, who then x-rayed it...and the doctor couldn't figure it out either...just one thing after another, amazing stuff. Even little things like having someone think of a card, then somehow the sharpie used to write the name of it changes from "Sharpie" to the name of the card the person just picked...

(and if you know how all this is done, don't tell me :D)

I maintain it's any magician who requires electricity to entertain the audience. :idea:

Well, if they're not using any form of electricity, they're dead... The Dead thoroughly entertaining live audiences has been known to happen but I'm pretty sure it involves more chemistry than magic...

Isn't the first rule of being a real magician "Never tell anyone what it takes to be a real magician?"

-Z-

I was told there is a difference between a magician and a guy who just does some tricks.

.....so who's gonna take the low-hanging fruit?

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Im disappointed in you guys.

Magician:

474px-Harry-Blackstone-Sr-1938.jpg

A guy who just does some tricks:

http://greginhollywood.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/062097-120602-rev-gere.jpg

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Archived