Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Bought my first soft synth - animoog

Muad’Dib

Hey guys,

So I bought my first software synthesizer. Animoog, for my iPhone. Moog Music was having a sale, of software synthesizers and merchandise, 20% off. So I get the animoog, for $2.99. Been having a lot of fun with it, despite it being on my iPhone. Also, KORG sells a MIDI adaptor, to connect a MIDI Keyboard too iPhones and iPads. Which is cool, because I was just saying too myself, I wish there was a way, to connect my phone to an external MIDI controller. Now there is!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You mean $29.99, dont you? Its a great sounding app but as one reviewer put it, it doesnt support au3, making it harder to play with others.

Numa Piano X73 /// Kawai ES920

Yamaha Melodica and Alto Recorder

QSC K8.2 // JBL Eon One Compact // Soundcore Motion Boom Plus 

Win11 laptop // iPad Pro 9.7" 32GB

The iPhone version was $2.99 for Black Friday-Cyber Monday weekend.

The iPad version was down to $9.99.

They have now returned to the original prices $4.99 (iPhone) and $29.99 (iPad).

It doesn't support AUv3 which allows you to run more than one copy at a time in AU hosts but it does support IAA so it can run in DAW's as a MIDI instrument.

It is an exceptional re-creation of that classic Moog Synth Sound with a really good user interface for making parameter changes. Still a great deal on the iphone at $5.

I think Animoog was my first as well. Now my synth 'folder' is three pages deep.

The iOS instruments are like crack - cheap and addicting. And now the too-easy 'pay with your thumbscan' has been the final nail in my coffin.

Yamaha P515 & CK88, Pianoteq, Mainstage, iOS, assorted other stuff.

Despite what the critics say, it was worth it. I had been floating this in my head for a while, and I figured what the hey! If, I ever get an iPad, I will definitely, buy animoog for it.

What have you read from the critics? I can assure you that most iPad musicians you talk to speak in hushed, reverent tones about the wonderful Animoog. Personally I haven't launched it in ages, it just gets lost in the glut of great synths that have arrived since then. But many consider it a must-have.

Yamaha P515 & CK88, Pianoteq, Mainstage, iOS, assorted other stuff.

Randelph: Quote "Its a great sounding app but as one reviewer put it, it doesnt support au3, making it harder to play with others."

This is absolutely true, and is a statement of fact.

Of course, given that you aren't really doing anything on your phone that requires AU3 (yet), it's not an issue for you.

Let's revisit this a year or less from now, and see how you feel.

I'll predict you'll post a thread asking why you can't use Animoog with Audiobus. :snax:

Archived