Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

IEM Dilemma: Who Get's Stereo?

JimboK

Greetings all,

If you have a mixer that can only send 3 stereo mixes and 4 mono, yet you have 5 sets of ears to feed, who should get the stereo mix from a "needs" perspective? I know everyone would want it, but if hard decisions needed to be made...?

Additional info: I play (keys) mono currently. I'm providing the Rig so part of me says I deserve the nicer mix, but want to be smart about it. Drummer has been on stereo for years and demands same. We all sing with 1 main lead singer, he plays rhythm gtr also. Bass is second lead. Lead guitar, drums and I do a few songs and backups. If any of that matters in your analysis.

So kinda thinking: me and drummer get stereo, one more get's stereo: Bass, Lead Gtr or Lead Vox.

We've all been using Mono until now (sharing a transmitter and panning) so we'll all have an improved experience. [Ask me about how these damn units bleed across the L-R on a stereo transmitter]

Thoughts?

Korg Kronos 2 61, Kronos 1 61, Dave Smith Mopho x4, 1954 Hammond C2, Wurlitzer 200A, Yamaha Motif 6, Casio CDP-100, Alesis Vortex Wireless, too much PA gear!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Edit: I can't read, apparently. Had a nice long response that made zero sense when I re-read the question and realized you have one less stereo mix than I thought.

You and drums stereo for sure. I'd lean towards giving lead guitar the other one so he/she can have a better feel for when to play leads and fills, but could be persuaded otherwise.

I think the lead singer can definitely do mono.

Archived