Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Heads Up For AP Buyers?

cphollis

A local icon in acoustic piano dealerships is closing and liquidating their entire inventory for short money. Sad, but opportunity knocks.

I checked it out, and there are amazing deals to be had, shipping included.

I played maybe two dozen amazing pianos there when I was shopping: many European brands plus top-shelf asians, wonderfully rebuilt Steinways (including Hamburgs!).

Not to mention, a handful of instruments that were one-of-a-kind. BTW, this is where I bought my Bosendorfer 200 Klimt Edition.

Very sad that this labor of love is no longer, but if you're in the market for a substantial acoustic piano, I'd check it out (link here)

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's always a drag. Here in Houston, we've had some piano dealers close but others have taken their place. I guess we're lucky. We also have actual record stores, too!

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

That's always a drag. Here in Houston, we've had some piano dealers close but others have taken their place. I guess we're lucky. We also have actual record stores, too!

Contrast that with Europe, where the music appreciation is much healthier. While I was on a business trip in a small town in Germany I visited a few music stores. Two of them had an impressive stock of grand pianos - for a small town!

Most of the pianos were brands I have never seen in the states. The grand pianos didn't sound like Steinways or Chickerings or Baldwins, but they had their own unique sound. Especially with crashing chords on the low end. It's not often I get to play on a Petrof. They even had a vintage "giraffe" piano there.

We lost our AP dealer more than 3 years ago. They always had a great selection of new and used pianos, and often featured a Model D Steinway... unless it was being rented for an event. There was also a nice collection of used pianos on the second level, which had included a beautiful rosewood Steinway in immaculate condition. Plus there were digital pianos downstairs.

A great place to just drop by and play once in awhile. I really miss it. :(

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Wow, I'm not far from there...I grew up in Merritt Island, now live in Orlando. I read the post first, then thought to check where this was :D

We just moved, and have the space for one...I was pretty committed to going digital from here on out but I do miss having an actual piano...

edit...rats, they seem to have already sold the models that would make the most sense for us...Yamaha U1 and similar.

Archived