Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So WHA'PPENED ? / FORUMS OFF YESTERDAY ?

d  halfnote

I wasn't able to fully monitor the situation later but for much of the morning Wed 6-20-18 I kept getting a "too many connections" error message when tryna access the forums page.

:freak:

Airbody else ?

Speculation was site revamp... :idk...nothin' looks diff....

d=halfnote

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't know exactly WHAT caused it, but at 7:29 and 7:36am on the Keyboard corner, six-string-man was attempting to post and while the threads show up, clicking them yields This. My guess is that something went haywire with the MySQL database that contains the data that drives the UBB forum software. Could be a database error, a server error with the connection to the database, etc. Likely the web server needed a restart.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I wasn't able to fully monitor the situation later but for much of the morning Wed 6-20-18 I kept getting a "too many connections" error message when tryna access the forums page.

:freak:

Airbody else ?

Speculation was site revamp... :idk...nothin' looks diff....

I got the same message in the AM and the forum was back up in the PM. No idea why it happens, but it has happened before. Me, DBM, SurferGirl and Fang had the same problem. The bottom line is the forum was down for a short time and is back up as of yesterday evening... :cool:

Take care, Larryz

Depending on how you try to access the Forums, that error message is still coming up on some links.

I was logged in yesterday morning, when the Forum froze up, for lack of a better or more accurate word, and then started getting the "too many connections" or "system has crashed" messages. Something's still screwy . . .

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

Heh---one of my posts showed up double yesterday because after the first try, I made another attempt, with no luck, but apparently sometime AFTER I left they got posted. :crazy:

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

There are quite a few things that can cause this. But, we are back up and running now so, it's all good!

So there was no admin or site work goin' on ?

---------------

From the Future :rolleyes:

It was the Russians.

---------------

:D

I don't see any remarks on the other forums concerning this.

Maybe after what happened a year back & all the talk abt Future Media, etc, I'm all Nellied out. :pop:

d=halfnote

It was the Russians.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

As of right now, Friday 2 PM, East Coast US time, if you do a Google search on "Musicplayer Forums", and try to click on that link, you still get the ". . . crashed . . ." message. Click on "Keyboard Corner", and you're in?

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

I am in as of a few hours after the crash and burn of yesterday. Strange. It has to be the Russians I agree with J. Dan. Putin must be investing in the Russian Guitar Player Magazine knockoff debut or something.

:cheers:

I admin many a UBB board, and this is usually because of some minor corruption or update or both. It's ancient code with tons of fiddly little things going on. If something really catastrophic happens with the DB, I doubt this board will continue.

"For instance" is not proof.

I admin many a UBB board, and this is usually because of some minor corruption or update or both. It's ancient code with tons of fiddly little things going on. If something really catastrophic happens with the DB, I doubt this board will continue.

We both know it was Joe. They don't know about Joe over here on the Guitar Forums.

Dan

I don't see any remarks on the other forums concerning this.

Maybe after what happened a year back & all the talk abt Future Media, etc, I'm all Nellied out. :pop:

I'm a member of a few other and different kinds of forums, and similar things have been known to affect them as well. It's just what happens....

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

So there was no admin or site work goin' on ?

Not that I was aware of. This sort of thing happens though. As I mentioned, a lot of things can cause this sort of outage. Most of them are temporary and rectifiable. My guess is, there was a temporary outage that was fixed and we are back on track. Nothing to worry about. Business as usual!

Archived