Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Soundwear stagebag update for CP4 owners

Aidan

Some may recall that some time ago, I bought a Soundwear 88-key stagebag from Thomann for my CP4. One question asked at the time was: "Will the CP-REST fit in this bag?"

At the time, I wasn't able to answer that question as I didn't have the music rest. However, I finally got one a few days ago and I can tell you now that it definitely WILL fit in the larger (rear) of the two front pockets with no problem at all.

So if you're still looking for a good bag for the CP4, I can highly recommend this one all round. This one has been doing sterling work on the road, it's light and easy to carry, wheels are far enough apart for it to be stable while rolling and my piano has been nicely protected at all times.

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I own a Gator bag, that has worked fine for the CP4 with the exception that I find it a bit annoying there is no obvious space for the music rest. (I can place the rest inside with the keyboard itself but that requires using some kind of towel to avoid marking up the keyboard).

Anyway, I just looked at the specs for both. Do I understand correctly that the Soundwear bag weighs only 3.7 kg (approximately 8 pounds). I believe that the Gator bag is 21 pounds. I wouldn't mind reducing my load by 13 pounds. But I'm suspicious whether these numbers are correct.

Yep, the weight difference is explained in that the Gator features a metal frame up one side of the case, whereas the Soundwear is basically a soft bag (albeit a good quality one) with a plastic wheels unit mounted on the end.

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

Michael Wright,

where is the intersection you've captured in your avatar?

Grey

It's in Photoshop City.

Yes I think that's correct. I was trying to figure out where I found it.

"I  cried when I wrote this song
Sue me if I play too long"

Walter Becker Donald Fagan 1977 Deacon Blues

Archived