Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Kawai-EX PRO piano by Acousticsamples, anyone?

I was just listening to the various Acousticsamples pianos and this one really caught my ear - it sounds fabulous on the demo tracks. I was wondering if anyone here has it and can pass on their real-world usage impressions. It never even occurred to me to look at Kawai until now.

Yamaha P515 & CK88, Pianoteq, Mainstage, iOS, assorted other stuff.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The demos sound great for popular applications and jazz with trio+. Not sure I like for Solo classical as presented. A lot of guys own B5 and other libraries running on the UVI player and I haven't heard too many complaints about its operation - you can Google for more opinions on UVI player. I'd give this one a try if your itching for another piano library to play.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Very low-res compared to more modern libraries. I bought it at the time just because it was the only Kawai library available. I put it in the middle tier of my collection, which isn't bad standing given its typical on-sale price.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I have the UVI player now since I purchased the Ravenscroft piano. Im not particularly in love with it (the player) so far, but would like to use it with some other instruments.

Yamaha P515 & CK88, Pianoteq, Mainstage, iOS, assorted other stuff.

Hi, is the software clunky?

What about just the player itself as used by sample library developers? CPU use is efficient? Load time is typical? Playback smooth? Doesn't crash? Latency can get low with good host and audio drivers?

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Hi, is the software clunky?

What about just the player itself as used by sample library developers? CPU use is efficient? Load time is typical? Playback smooth? Doesn't crash? Latency can get low with good host and audio drivers?

To me, the UVI engine is brilliant. Low CPU overhead and memory footprint (thanks to FLAC), easy to use and sounds good. I wish Spectrasonics still used it. Atmosphere and Trilogy were less than 1/10th the size of their successors.

local: Korg Nautilus 61 AT | Yamaha MODX8

away: GigPerformer | 16" MBP M1 Max

home: Kawai RX-2 | Korg D1 | Roland Fantom X7

Very low-res compared to more modern libraries. I bought it at the time just because it was the only Kawai library available. I put it in the middle tier of my collection, which isn't bad standing given its typical on-sale price.

+1

The Kawai was my first virtual piano and has been surpassed by Ravenscroft. Ive gotten used to the UVI Workstation and have been impressed by other libraries that work with it. Just got the UVI Attack EP on a half price sale but I really like their Tines Anthology. Im looking forward to The Upright - an acoustic bass package from Acoustic Samples as well.

Here for the gear.

Archived