Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT / Bob The Dyl branches out yet further

d  halfnote

Licensing his work for a musical ain't enough.

The short story:

Next month, Mr. Dylan will introduce Heavens Door, a collection of three whiskeys a straight rye, a straight bourbon and a double-barreled whiskey. They are Mr. Dylans entry into the booming celebrity-branded spirits market, the latest career twist for an artist who has spent five decades confounding expectations.

Mr. Dylan is not simply licensing his name. He is a full partner in the business, Heavens Door Spirits, which Mr. Bushala said had raised $35 million from investors.

We both wanted to create a collection of American whiskeys that, in their own way, tell a story, Mr. Dylan said in a statement to The New York Times. Ive been traveling for decades, and Ive been able to try some of the best spirits that the world of whiskey has to offer. This is great whiskey.

More at :

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/28/business/media/bob-dylan-heavens-door.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Farts&action=click&contentCollection=arts&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=6&pgtype=sectionfront

DO NOT MISS THIS DETAIL------> Mr. Bushala said that over four or five meetings always at Mr. Dylans metalworking studio [ :freak: ] in Los Angeles...the chief operating officer, struggled to interpret Mr. Dylans wishes. Often they came in the form of enigmatic comments or simply glances. [ At least that last bit's expectable :D ]

d=halfnote

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll give it a shot! Make that one of each bartender! I like a good whiskey now and then...anything by Bobby D, is worth a try for me! :cool:

Another bourbon drinker here. Have to say, I'm conflicted - I want it to be good, not sure I'll buy a bottle just to find out? Lot of small distillers out there now, getting almost like the craft beer market - they can't all be good.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

Bro Winston, My comment is partly in jest. I would read the reviews before buying the 3 bottles and price will also have a lot to do with it. Bob has a lot more income than I do and he's traveling the world sampling some top notch whiskeys...I on the other hand, am not a real connoisseur. I like cheap Mexican brandy like El Presidente for the price. I like Rye, Irish, Bourbon, etc., too and will spend the extra bread for a good one. I drink mine straight as I really like the taste and I sip it. But, if Bob's gets some good reviews, I'll give it a try. We have a new local craft distillery that makes some very good booze but like craft beers, there are a lot of them I do not care for. I'll take a Guinness on tap any day. Guinness in the can with the nitrogen widget is also very good. I drink one a day for me health LOL! :cool:
Take care, Larryz

I'll give it a shot! Make that one of each bartender! I like a good whiskey now and then...anything by Bobby D, is worth a try for me! :cool:

Yeah, I THOUGHT it was a "pun intended" remark. ;)

At least he's involved in it somehow. Not like all those WINES someone's come up with for the "TCM Wine Club" that are named after or for old time MOVIE STARS whose surviving family members or their estates have no connection with.

AND refreshing in that we're not treated to yet another celebrity FRAGRANCE! :crazy:

And as a non-drinker I'll have to rely on some of you here that do imbibe to let us know if it IS any good or not. :)

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

A couple of years ago I had a chance to try some wine from vineyards owned by a couple-some guy named Brad and his partner, Angelina. I didn`t really care about that-the wine was pretty good. They ran out of red so fast I was forced to drink a bit of the white-usually I only use white wine for cooking. Not bad, I have to say. That is what matters. One of the ironies of life in Japan is, that the tax on beer and wine is ridiculously high. For spirits, the prices for U.S. made liquors are sometimes lower than in the U.S.-same for single malts, a personal favorite. That said, the market for virtually anything else is extremely limited here. I like Colgate toothpaste-but not for $10.00 a tube.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Yeah, but not all the wines put out for the "TCM wine club" are created by and/or sold by vineyards or vinters that have ANY connection to whose NAME is on the label. I thought that was crystal clear.

That's what I said was good about the Bob Dylan whiskey thing. That he's connected and involved with the product, and not just his name is being "used" by someone else. And I've heard years ago that the Brad and Angelina wine was not all that bad.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Archived