Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

S90xs Sustain Pedal

SouthIke

I just purchased a S90xs. I love it. But my sustain pedal didn't work with it, so I purchased a FC4. It works fine except I noticed it would stop sustaining my notes if I lifted my foot even the slightest amount.

I went into the menus on my board, and the sustain pedal was set to FC3. I switched it to FC4, and it seems to have fixed the issue.

But every time, I turn my keyboard on, I have to change this setting. Is there a way to save the setting? Or am I wrong altogether?

Thank you,

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you! I searched the manual for the word "sustain", but didn't find anything to help me learn how to store it.

Thank you for the tip. Much appreciated!

No worries. :2thu:

FYI, there are multiple user manuals for that board; there's the Owner's Manual, which you may have received in printed form with the keyboard, but there is also the far more useful (and necessary, IMO) Reference Manual. Then there's the Data List which gives you a listing of the samples, programs and performances that came in the factory configuration.

All of these are available to download from the Yamaha website:

===> Clonk here <===

Also, there's a useful site called SNinety.com that has a lot of great tutorials and advanced tips/tricks. Well worth the time to go through and get the most out of your keyboard. :cool:

If you ever want to use the vocoder you will probably want to get the user guide Phil wrote for just the vocoder. The manual is rather lacking in its usefulness.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

• 2 weeks later...

Archived