Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: 32 bit created Sonar files in 64 bit Sonar?

desertbluesman

I loaded my Sonar 8.5.3 onto my Windows 8.1 computer the other day. I do not have an audio interface on that computer yet as I do not want to spend the money until I see that it will work. The audio drivers are standard with what Dell installs. I loaded a project in Sonar yesterday to try and test if it played, and it did, but fizzy, slower, and an octave lower than the original project did. I am hoping the realtec audio drivers were not sufficient to play the 32 bit files correctly as Sonar requires higher quality interface/drivers (fingers crossed).

My question is; Do any of you think it is the lack of an audio interface and drivers that is hampering the correct playback of my Cakewalk projects. I even opened a new project in Sonar and imported a MP3 file and it played distorted fizzy and slower than it did in Windows Media Player. Although that MP3 played fine in Sound Forge. Should I pull the trigger on a new audio interface? Is that the answer? Or should I have loaded Sonar 8.5.3 in 32 bit mode?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@ Larryz Still a long way to go amigo, I have to load on 7 more versions of Sonar to get all the plug ins that came with old versions. I still have to get an audio interface ($299 at Sweetwater) and I still have to transfer all the data from the 4 DAW drives onto one or two USB 3 External drives, then if everything works, maybe a real smoking desktop computer with a solid state OS and apps drive and also a one terabyte hard drive as a second drive for data, $1,199 at Dell with an Intel I 7 processor.

Archived