Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

IK Multimedia Leslie collection now released

Both Amplitude and T-racks have the same parameters, just presented differently depending on your needs/usage.

In each case, the new Leslie plug in/module work in the Free Versions of amplitude or T-Racks. Remember, tho, you must buy the Leslie module for the interface you have, or buy the package that has versions for both Amplitude and Tracks.

To sum up, the basic programs of T-Racks and Amplitude are free.

Some more testing: My T-Racks 5 stuff works great inside Gig Performer as well.

I use a lot of IK effects modules so that is why I have an upgraded version of T-Racks 5.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any arguments for or against the TRacks version vs. the Amplitube?

I'm about to get one, and I have the latest version of both programs.

Just wondering which is easier to use in a live setting and/or recording (in Reaper).

I'm leaning towards the TRacks, just 'cause the controls look bigger in the GUI. But thought I might check with the Collective Wisdom of KC.

Any arguments for or against the TRacks version vs. the Amplitube?

I'm about to get one, and I have the latest version of both programs.

Just wondering which is easier to use in a live setting and/or recording (in Reaper).

I'm leaning towards the TRacks, just 'cause the controls look bigger in the GUI. But thought I might check with the Collective Wisdom of KC.

I looked at both versions and decided on the TRackS because IK had stated that it could also be used standalone as a seperate plugin.

I picked it up during their recent "Buy one, get 11 free" tier sale. If you can wait a bit they will surely have another near Xmas, you can get more for your money.

I have not actually fired it up yet but it does appear in my plugin list as a separate entity from TRackS. None of my Amplitube options appear in my plugin list except if I am using Amplitube, then htey appear in the Amplitube host plugin.

So it appears to be more versatile and simpler if you just want to use a Leslie on a vocal (or whatever). You could still add it before or after Amplitube as well.

Edit: I just opened Waveform and dropped my TRackS version of the Leslie into a drum track. It works perfectly fine as a stand-alone.

It took a chunk of my life to get here and I am still not sure where "here" is.

Do you need to have Amplitube installed to run this, or, is it a "standalone" effect VST that doesn't require anything else to be installed? It wasn't clear from the website description.

Thank you.

Did anyone answer this question, perhaps I missed it?

It is not standalone. It is a module that runs in either Amplitude or T-Racks.

You need one or the other, and you need to purchase the version that goes with your IK program. They are offering an Amplitude, a T-Racks, and a combination version right now.

I just used my TRackS version as a standalone. The Amplitube version lacks that advantage as near as I can tell (I don't have it to test).

Do you need to have Amplitube installed to run this, or, is it a "standalone" effect VST that doesn't require anything else to be installed? It wasn't clear from the website description.

Thank you.

Did anyone answer this question, perhaps I missed it?

It is not standalone. It is a module that runs in either Amplitude or T-Racks.

You need one or the other, and you need to purchase the version that goes with your IK program. They are offering an Amplitude, a T-Racks, and a combination version right now.

I just used my TRackS version as a standalone. The Amplitube version lacks that advantage as near as I can tell (I don't have it to test).

very cool. Thank you for the clarification. I obviously misunderstood ik's details.

David

Gig Rig:Depends on the day :thu:

very cool. Thank you for the clarification. I obviously misunderstood ik's details.

I don't remember where I read it in the IK ish but I did note that Amplitube is a self contained host (like NI Kontakt) and none of the amps or effects in Amplitube appear separately as plugins in my plugin list in Waveform. ALL of my TRacksS options appear as plugins, even the ones I don't own - it was quite a mess before I made custom plugin folders including one called "Do Not Use".

We all grow as we go, this is what forums are for!!!! I've learned many useful things on threads like this, gotta pay back here and there too!!!!

Cheers, Kuru

• 1 month later...