Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Speaking of toys from our childhood...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought a pair when I was a kid. I knew they wouldn't work but what the hell, I bought that "smoke from fingertips" PASTE stuff that is just stringy/wispy paste that appears like smoke as you pull it between thumb and pointer finger...

I also had the fake dog shit, I put that somewhere in a classroom but my teacher threw it away. Dammit X(

But those glasses, I remember wearing them on the playground and some girls running around screaming :P

I'm not sure how they do it, they don't work but kind of give the illusion if you look at your hand - it seems to create a blurred image of the hand that is scaled down and appears as if they're bones.

Just out of curiosity, why did you start a new thread for continuing an old topic; the topic is still alive and on the front page. No need for repeating... just keep the other thread living.

Thanks for the info, Phait. I've always been curious about these things. It still leaves me wondering though, about the blurred hand image you mentioned. I might have to spring for a pair one of these days.

Hi Ani, sorry if this was a message board "no-no". I've often found it easier when others have started a new thread in cases like this. I feel it keeps the main thread more focused. Also, once I've read a loooooong thread I often do not go back to it. I just wanted to be sure anyone who knew about these glasses would see my inquiry.

:wave:

Originally posted by Odyssian:

Oh and yes, I know they didn't work.. I've just always wondered what the deal was. :D

Did they do anything at all?

Mine worked great! I used to see through all of the girls clothes, and stuff. Yeah, those were the days.

I had Sea Monkeys too! They were my best friends... :love:

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

http://www.olywa.net/blame/how/how4.GIF

Here is your answer:

x-ray specs

Joe Pine (60's talk show host who sported a wooden leg) to Frank Zappa -- "So, with your long hair, I guess that makes you a woman." Frank Zappa's response -- "So, with your wooden leg, I guess that makes you a table."

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2001&alid=-1

Ah-ha! That's it! Thanks Lee. I had tried a Google search on this, but never had any luck finding out the info. Thanks!

Hey-ya Super 8, is your moniker in reference to the band called Super 8? I really like their CD. Too bad they never had another (not that I know of anyway).

Originally posted by Alndlnbot:

Originally posted by Odyssian:

What was the deal with those X-Ray glasses

They were needed to view the Sea Monkey's sold by the same company by mail.
I had a tank with seamonkees a year ago,...ugly little genetically mutated shrimpy bastards..

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

Archived