Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gigabyte BRIX Mini PCs With 8th-Gen Intel Chips

ElmerJFudd

New-Gigabyte-BRIX-Mini-PCs.jpg

Gigabyte-BRIX.jpg

This week Gigabyte has officially launched their new range of BRIX mini PCs equipped 8th Generation Intel Core chips in the form of Kaby Lake Refresh quad-core processors. Gigabyte is making available four new systems two of which will provide room to install M.2 2280 solid state drives with the taller systems offering space for a 2.5-inch drive bay in addition to the M.2 slot, with 2 x SODIMM slots for the addition of DDR4 memory to support the new processors.

The range of new mini PCs includes the GB-BRi5-8250 Core i5-8250U/M.2 SSD, GB-BRi7-8550 Core i7-8550U/M.2 SSD, GB-BRi5H-8250 Core i5-8250U/M.2 SSD/2.5″ drive and GB-BRi7H-8550 Core i7-8550U/M.2 SSD/2.5″ drive.

Other features and connections include Mini DisplayPort, HDMI ports, 1 x USB 3.1 Type-A port, 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C port, 2 x USB 3.0 ports, 1 x Gigabit Ethernet, dual array microphones and a headphone jack. Together with connectivity provided by support for 802.11ac WiFi and Bluetooth 4.2 and a handy VESA mounting bracket to mounts your computer behind a monitor or TV if desired.

Unfortunately, no information on pricing or worldwide availability has been released as yet

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im thinking the same thing. Thats how it goes when Apple blows off a segment of their user base. Waiting on a Mini refresh and wondering when this user upgradeable Mac Pro will show up. They suggested the iMac Pro is intended to fill the gap while they work on a new pro desktop.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Archived