Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Behringer UB-Xa ship dates keep slipping

Markyboard

So what's added to an OB-Xa? OB8 page 2, vastly more LFO waveforms, triangle VCO waveforms, a modified two buss modulation destination section with more options, a noise amount knob, and a sequencer and arpeggiator with settings buttons (probably to divert you over to the programmer).

And a programmer with a display. We're not sure what it does, but hopefully it will allow velocity and aftertouch settings.

Missing is the row of bank and program select buttons - replaced with increment/decrement buttons, plus four preset recall buttons. Not ideal but should work.

This may not be Behringer cheap. Uli mentioned somewhere that this is very complex, and is taking more time than originally anticipated.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The OB6 is close to the original sound, with some added features that are not on the originals.

Having owned an OB-X, an OB-Xa and an Xpander as well as having worked with a Two-Voice I"d say my OB6 is definitely part of the OB family. I love it!!! The only two things lacking for me are two more voices and one more octave. This can be easily remedied in the studio, but if I were to bring an analog poly live I"d love to have 61 keys and 8 voices. It just matches how I think when I approach a poly analog.

If the new synth Dave teased around his birthday is anything resembling this, I would sell the farm for it in an instant.

And yeah, I'm also in the camp of "interested in the product, no longer interested in supporting Uli". Even if he accepted my LinkedIn invite, no brownie points there. :laugh:

I think this and their CS-80 clone will give relief to all the synth players out there who can"t afford a Deckard"s Dream, River, or OB-6 hope. I think they will be a bit pricier but still under $1000. So like about DeepMind 12 price at the least.
Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.

• 8 months later...
Does anyone know what the MAP and/or selling price of this unit is going to be?

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.