Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Mojo or Key B Legend, Genos or PA4X

Chris Towns

Hi,

I've seen a couple of threads on Keyboard Corner discussing the merits of a couple of the Hammond clones and also comparisons between the new Yamaha Genos and the (now 2 year old) Korg PA4X.

I made my choice of the Key B Legend Live and the Korg PA4X. That does not mean to say they are the best choices, but I'm quite pleased with them.

If I can mention that every single item in the pictures (both keyboards, Roland bass pedals, speakers and stands, subwoofer, amp and mixer, keyboard stand) total price for everything still came in cheaper than the price of a new Yamaha Genos. I just could not justify that kind of outlay on one keyboard no matter how good it is (and it is a great sounding keyboard).

I knew the sizes of the 61 note PA4X and of the Legend Live before purchasing, and I think they look good together. I had to have two metal arms (for the keyboard stand) built by a local metalworker (only charged me £20)to help the PA4X sit lower and closer to the Legend Live.

I have been an admirer of Elvio Previatti for many years now. Seeing him setting up the Key B stand at trade shows and always present. I'm really pleased that Viscount have taken over production and distribution and finally people who want a Key B organ can now actually get a Key B organ !!

It was a no-brainer for me. It's also nice to hear that Pat Bianchi is already testing the new updates prior to release.

https://i.imgur.com/zHM5q32.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/nrEZi2y.jpg

Chris

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, c'mon that's what the scroll bars are for...

Ok Chris maybe resize your pics to a good size for the forum before posting them. Not a big deal to me but you know Sven, he can be a big needle looking for a place to stick it.

That aside, very cool rig. I'll use my old Pa1XPro on occasion and when I do I keep wishing I had a rack for my SK1 because the organ sucks on the Korg. The Pa4 is much better but still not close to a good clone.

Bob

Hammond SK1, Mojo 61, Kurzweil PC3, Korg Pa3x, Roland FA06, Band in a Box, Real Band, Studio One, too much stuff...

Hi,

I did smile at Jazzmammal and Kurt W's comments.

Hands up, my mistake (which has now been sorted), I should have got it right in the first place.

Regarding the rig, I was really surprised at how good the sounds in the PA4X are. Obviously not VST standard but still very good. Good enough for a home player anyway.

I also have a Casio PX5-S just to the left of the rig which has some fairly good onboard sounds.

Chris

Archived