Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Korg Module

Heartbeat

Excuse my being an ignorant foreigner, but when is Memorial Day? We don't celebrate that one over here.

End of May. Officially May 30, but observed on the last Monday of the month.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Excuse my being an ignorant foreigner, but when is Memorial Day? We don't celebrate that one over here.

End of May. Officially May 30, but observed on the last Monday of the month.

Thank you AS. Hopefully there will be a sale then.

Occasionally, do something nice for a total stranger. They'll wonder what the hell is going on!

Last night i connected my old iPad 2 into my Mainstage rig, and run Korg Module's wurly, Scarbee eps and acoustic piano sound. I was very pleased from the sound quality abeit the little latency which i try to reduce (how? Possibly with a newer iPad...).

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

Last night i connected my old iPad 2 into my Mainstage rig, and run Korg Module's wurly, Scarbee eps and acoustic piano sound...

How did you connect it?

Yamaha P515 & CK88, Pianoteq, Mainstage, iOS, assorted other stuff.

I was very pleased from the sound quality abeit the little latency which i try to reduce (how? Possibly with a newer iPad...).

I assume you've tried reducing the buffer size?

Last night i connected my old iPad 2 into my Mainstage rig, and run Korg Module's wurly, Scarbee eps and acoustic piano sound...

How did you connect it?

Audio out from iPad to my sound interface audio in.

You connect midi in from iPad to midi out of your sound interface. The you open 'new channel strip' and choose 'external instrument'. There, you assign the midi output to be your sound interface. Normally, Mainstage will see your iPad as an external instrument and your connected controller will play it without problem. You can assign different midi channels etc to your liking.

And yes, i tried the buffer of my iPad - but then again, it's an old iPad so i don't expect miracles to happen. A newer model will have latency close to nothing

Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

Archived