Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is there a doctor in the hoose? KAVA,KAVA How can it help me?

Kava (Piper Methysticum), a member of the pepper family, is one of the most fascinating of medicinal plants. Native to the South Pacific, a beverage (also called Kava)

made from the rootstock of the plant has been used for centuries in ceremonies and celebrations because of its calming effect and ability to promote sociability. The kava

beverage is still used today by inhabitants of the island communities of the Pacific including Micronesia, Melanesia, and Polynesia. It is thought that the frequent consumption of kava

is partially why these people are referred to as the happiest and friendliest in the world.

Okay I went to see a VET about a old mean mule and what to do about it. he said I should give that old mule some KAVA KAVA to keep that old mule from being worried pure snake mean all the time about stupid stuff like running out of hay and corn and the barn leaking and falling down from disrepair.

THE um VET said iffen that um' ol' on'ry mule takes that stuff he'll feel better and show it. KAVA ain't supposed to be addictive like them other mule sedatives. Does the mule get immune to it after awhile?

I sure hope it works for that old mule. he got to pull a wagon Wayyyy up a hill and back down it too all week next week. .

anybody ever use any stuff like that on your um, farm animals?

Frank Ranklin and the Ranktones

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

FRANKIE RANKLIN (Stanky Franks) <<<

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by arellspencer:

anybody ever use any stuff like that?

If I ever get a mule I'll let you know,but somehow I don't think my neighbors here on Long Island will take kindly to the idea.I really wanted an Elephant once,but that was out of the question.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Originally posted by arellspencer:

Kava (Piper Methysticum), a member of the pepper family, is one of the most fascinating of medicinal plants. Native to the South Pacific, a beverage (also called Kava)

made from the rootstock of the plant has been used for centuries in ceremonies and celebrations because of its calming effect and ability to promote sociability. The kava

beverage is still used today by inhabitants of the island communities of the Pacific including Micronesia, Melanesia, and Polynesia. It is thought that the frequent consumption of kava

is partially why these people are referred to as the happiest and friendliest in the world.

Okay I went to see a VET about a old mean mule and what to do about it. he said I should give that old mule some KAVA KAVA to keep that old mule from being worried pure snake mean all the time about stupid stuff like running out of hay and corn and the barn leaking and falling down from disrepair.

THE um VET said iffen that um' ol' on'ry mule takes that stuff he'll feel better and show it. KAVA ain't supposed to be addictive like them other mule sedatives. Does the mule get immune to it after awhile?

I sure hope it works for that old mule. he got to pull a wagon Wayyyy up a hill and back down it too all week next week. .

anybody ever use any stuff like that on your um, farm animals?

You know, you really should't call your wife a mule. :D

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

kava is one of the most mild drugs i've experienced. i used to take kava pills (over the shelf, available from any drugstore), but gave up those kinds of herbal supplements ages ago.

i once too a trip to a fiji resort island and ended up shooting pool with the natives most of the time, and with each visit to the village i was treated to homebrewed kava. once again, an extremely mild experience to the point i could barely notice the effects.

but the village was one of the most calm, social and happy people i've ever met.

:wave:

--_ ______________ _

"Self-awareness is the key to your upheaval from mediocrity."

When my kids were small, their daycare was provided by a grandmotherly Indian (East Asian) woman.

She hosted the wedding of her niece from India, here in southern California. It was a colorful, sense-stimulating three-day celebration, and my family was invited.

The first day was social - lots of great food and getting to know people. While my kids ran around with their kids, and my then-wife was in with the girls doing girly things (not to be spoken-of, apparently), we men were outside doing guy things, and imbibing from a large bowl of homemade Kava Kava brew.

I can say that it had an interesting effect. Not like alcohol, or pot, but a pleasant combination of a mild stimulant, a mild relaxant, and a mild halucinogen, imagine a combination of chewing coca leaves, eating a hash brownie, and taking a few 'schrooms (not that I have any direct experience with any such thing...).

Like a lot of fun things in life, this probably should be legal as long as you are not imposing it on others or driving while under the influence, but too many people too high-up make too much money from the war on drugs to permit this. Come to think of it, it doesn't seem to be illegal, probably because it's not commercially produced.

Originally posted by schmee:

kava is one of the most mild drugs i've experienced. i used to take kava pills (over the shelf, available from any drugstore), but gave up those kinds of herbal supplements ages ago.

i once too a trip to a fiji resort island and ended up shooting pool with the natives most of the time, and with each visit to the village i was treated to homebrewed kava. once again, an extremely mild experience to the point i could barely notice the effects.

but the village was one of the most calm, social and happy people i've ever met.

:wave:

Maybe it's one of those things that builds up in your system?

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Archived