Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Arellspencer....

Arell can play a geetar!! I got a package in the mail the other day from O. W. Chee Wawa Productions, opened it up and there was Arell's CD!

The acoustic guitar music is really well done, in a rough, "blues classics" sort of way that I really like. :thu:

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool ! Where's the link ? Or do I just find Arell and do some clonkin' - I guess...

I love blues guitar type sounds like Chess era and I've heard Arells stuff so I might pick one up too...

Originally posted by kylen:

Cool ! Where's the link ? Or do I just find Arell and do some clonkin' - I guess...

I love blues guitar type sounds like Chess era and I've heard Arells stuff so I might pick one up too...

hey kylen!

iffen you wish to have one of my all original homegrown ceedees then send me an addy to mail to and I'll jet ye one. I have two left from this run. I like to give them away when I can.

P.S. bluestrat; thanks for the goode wordes. I'm glad you found something you liked. I'm truely amazed when anyone likes any of my jams for any reasons. Thanks for lettin' me share my jams with you. i'm gonna have to hold off on that BRADLEY danger unit till things settle down over here. I might not be able to swing it anyway, the way things are going. I'll keep in touch and let you know. thanks for all the trouble you went to.

Oh and it's called OW-CHEE WA,WA PRODUCTIONS. .

Frank Ranklin and the Ranktones

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

FRANKIE RANKLIN (Stanky Franks) <<<

Originally posted by bluestrat:

Arell can play a geetar!! I got a package in the mail the other day from O. W. Chee Wawa Productions, opened it up and there was Arell's CD!

The acoustic guitar music is really well done, in a rough, "blues classics" sort of way that I really like. :thu:

I agree!!! I have my copy in my car's cd player for months now,... it's cool music to cruise around on.

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

Originally posted by boosh:

I agree!!! I have my copy in my car's cd player for months now,... it's cool music to cruise around on.

I was wondering how it would sound on a car stereo.

i'm actually flabbergasted at your response boosh. you're a fine musician and i figger'd it would end up as a frisbee or a coaster compared to what you're used to, you know..

will you hug your baby for me. from me. thanks man.. .

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

Originally posted by arellspencer:

Thanks for lettin' me share my jams with you. i'm gonna have to hold off on that BRADLEY danger unit till things settle down over here.

I appreciate the CD, and I was wondering if you work with someone or is that all you on the CD?

It's 5 weeks to the end of the semester and I'm going to be spending an awful lot of time at the school library, so I probably wouldn't have had the time for the danger unit anyway. School is the #1 thing I have to worry about right now.

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

hey blue strat!

maybe I'll be able to work with you after school. I'm very interested in owning a BRADLEY DANGER UNIT and so I do wish to have one for my ancient rig.

ABOUT THE RECORDINGS;

that is ALL ME on every recording. no one else on the copy you have.

I play every note on everythang you hear and sang every note on every line. I did everything from start to finish. even the coffs and hacks and murmurings.

EXCEPT for the real plane noise on MOZARTS FAITH which was a freebie.

thanks GOD. .

MATTS!

iffe you wish to have a twenty-one track disc of my all original HOMEGROWN tunes, PM me an addy and I'll jet you one for free.

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

Awww dern!

I missed out on the last cd :(

Oh well... At least i've got mp3s to clonk on. I'm grateful for that, and thankful for Arrell graciously sharing his tunes. He's inspiring me and making me want to write again :thu:

Btw Arrell... I'm glad that you're not arrogant, but you really don't need to be so humble. You rule, man! You're an awesoe songwriter and musician, and a helluva guy. You deserve greatness. ;)

Dr. Seuss: The Original White Rapper

WWND?

Phaeton,

If it's OK with Arell, I'd be willing to burn a copy of the CD and send it to you.

I just sent off three.

one to sweden,

two to california(san jose) and (Temecula)

two 2004s and I found a 2003 for another of you goode folkes that asked for a total of three sent out today. .

I found another burned ceedee with TWENTY-0NE tracks but which twenty-one I ain't sure, that I could do up for phaeton. other than that I'm fresh out of ceedees.

I'll check it to make sure it's alright.

I still have lots of the rest of the components. so whipping one up should be no prob now that I found another burned one.

HEY bluestrat,

I don't minde at all if you burn copies and share them . in fact thats an HONOR I'll gladly recieve.

one of you goode folkes just offer'd to BUY a ceedee and thats a GREAT compliment but I'm only giving them away ata this point and so some of you may have to share till I can get some more stuff to work with.

I don't minde at all giving them out goode folkes. thanks for lettin' me share.

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

Originally posted by phaeton:

[QB]Awww dern!

I missed out on the last cd :(

Oh well... At least i've got mp3s to clonk on. I'm grateful for that, and thankful for Arrell graciously sharing his tunes. He's inspiring me and making me want to write again :thu:

Btw Arrell... I'm glad that you're not arrogant, QB]

PHAETON

I been called a lot of thangs in my short life but GREAT ain't one of the things I ever been called. I ain't "that" at all although I have been called the arrogant word a LOT.

GOD is great not me. having real fans is GREAT, not me. holding a new baby and kissing his mom all at the same time

would be GREAT.

you're great for wanting some of my HOMEGROWN tunes.

I got one for you dude and I'll fix it up this evening and jet it to you tomorrow iff you'll provide an addy in time. . .

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

If I ever make enough of my own material to put on a CD, this is what I'm going to do also; just share it with my friends. :) Maybe sell them for what shipping costs or something.

If I write any songs with my friends, then I guess we'll sell those. :D

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

If I ever make enough of my own material to put on a CD, this is what I'm going to do also; just share it with my friends. :) Maybe sell them for what shipping costs or something.

If I write any songs with my friends, then I guess we'll sell those. :D

oh MAKE NO MISTAKE dude that If I could, I'd sell the holy stankin H-E= double hockey sticks out of me ceedees. only with these homegrown recordings I don't wish for anyone to feel GYPPED so free is always goode and so far no one feels gypped and a whole lot of NEW folkes(whew!) have gotten my ceedees. ahahaha!.

It'll all die down tomorrow I'm sure.

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

Originally posted by arellspencer:

i'm actually flabbergasted at your response boosh. you're a fine musician and i figger'd it would end up as a frisbee or a coaster compared to what you're used to, you know..

will you hug your baby for me. from me. thanks man.. .

Well there ya go! Weren't you the one who was saying that you had no belief in yourself, a while back? Now you've got people all over the country/world listening to your CD and 'clonkin' on your links!

Well done, my man! :wave:

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Arrell-

With your permission, i could put your mp3s in a giant zipfile on the web for people to clonk on and download. (For those that missed out on CDs)

You can PM me with an answer if you want.

WWND?

Arrell-

With your permission, i could put your mp3s in a giant zipfile on the web for people to clonk on and download. (For those that missed out on CDs)

You can PM me with an answer if you want.

that would be wild. Are we talking JOLLY GREEN GIANT "giant"??

that would be HUGE..

how could you keep track of downloads; THAT IS if there are any. I'm just surprised that folkes do download my dittys at all ahahaha!.

its really surreal.

how would folkes know about the files? where would you put them?

lately at one site(NOT IUMA) I've noticed a lot of download clonks on TARRY ROAD.

so phaeton, that does sound like a LOT of work for you . iffen you feel up to it and can figger oot some way to keep track of traffic and downloads for stats and all I say HECK yeah mano and if it seems too much after all, then don't give it a seconde thought coolio!!

I thank you're too cool just for suggestin' it. thanks man.

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

Badass!!

I got an Arrell CD in the mail today.. It was like opening a christmas present...

Arrell, I can put the mp3s up for enclonkment no problem, but i'm working on a counter for it. For some reason the server isn't giving me any log files so at the moment i don't have a way to keep track of the downloads, like you asked.

Hopefully i'll figure out why i don't get any logs, but i've never hacked on Apache before so it might take a while. Either that or i could just stick em out there, but i know you're curious as to how many ppl download your jams (nothing wrong with that, btw)

Thanks again, man. This CD toadilly made my day. Oh and the song "Listen" puts tears in my eyes, no joke.

WWND?

Badass!!

I got an Arrell CD in the mail today.. It was like opening a christmas present...

Thanks again, man. This CD toadilly made my day. Oh and the song "Listen" puts tears in my eyes, no joke.

Bastid! I ain't go mine yet & I'm just dying fer it.

I heard everything on Soundclick but can't get all the stuff of IUMA.

Damned snail mail...

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

OK - this is cool ! Cool post phaeton... :cool:

Now here's my story - I'm selling my house and my former life and goin thru those odd changes and guess what appears in the US MAIL today - yep my copy of 'Circa 2004 Ricky lake Spencer' - what a thrill, a real boost.

Communication from across the void - hand addressed by Arell. This is a for real hand crafted independent production. The cover has a picture of the same 'Guitar Vagabond' hanging in my hallway - how cool !

After the days packin was over I popped it in the CD player and in minutes my wife is callin upstairs - whats that ? Then she's harmonizing with 'Listen' and 'Olde Love' - hehe I told her the story of Old Love and she got a little choked up on that one !

Hehe long story short (too late !) thanks again for the CD and the inspiration arell, we're lovin it !!!

hey,hey!

DAK: I sent yours oot at the same time as Kylens so you ought to have it directly. It's really a pleasure sharing my tunes with you goode folkes. thanks for allowing me to.

Phaeton:

I do wish to keep a firm track on all movements concerning my material. I realize that even a small percentage of the actual movement will reflect the movement of said material.

you're great for strain'in the old brain and tryin' to figger it oot on my account.

And I like your new word:enclonkmentI'd like to see that dictionary entry. ahahaha!

Listen was written by me a long time ago when I needed some tunes for a bar band.

it was a fill song mainly.

it's changed a bit over the years.

I could never find anyone that could do the harmonies that "I hear" so I tried them myself. The recording you hear is the third arrangement.

I'm glad you found something you liked.

HEY J MAN!

let me know when it wears oot and I'll jet you another.

KYLE:

GUITAR VAGABOND

its a SIGN!

Yeah I have that print as well. that guy is very familiar to me for some strange reason.

I have always wished to buy the original. at The VERY LEAST i wish to go see the original. and thank about the cat in the painting.

is he hongry? are his strangs goode? is his axe all cracked up?

I'm glad you got the ceedee before you moved away and yes it's a labor of love. sorta kinda. I'm driven to do this I guess. it ain't for the duckies if you know what I mean. OY!.

It was very fun cutting and arranging the copy and inlays for the ceedee "knowing that You or somebody like you" was a'gonna pop it open and look all at it and slam it into the player and (hopefully)just groove. very satisfying indeed.

Thanks for lettin' me share my music with you all.

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

Heh, it's all good. I'm listening to some of your work on your Bell South music page Arell. :thu:

I'll be going back to the Soundclick site too. It seems to work on this new computer & streams better.

Our Joint

"When you come slam bang up against trouble, it never looks half as bad if you face up to it." The Duke...

bump...just 'cause I feel like it, hehe. I thought it was a very cool gesture from Arell and has stuck with me for a few days now after receiving the CD.

I'll do this someday myself for some of my internet friends when the time comes - it's a goal anyway. One of many in the life of an independent sometime musician & engineer. Freedom from the machine...expression - not repression.

Long live the independents ! :thu:

Rhat on Kylen. I sent 3 cds to Arell, one of some stuff recorded from a live gig, one of some really bare & some processed stuff & a copy of our Dakota Night cd. Hope it makes up for what I got from him.

Our Joint

Archived