Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Redbook CD burning

xKnuckles

Hello. No, I am not intending to build a large bonfire ......

I was hoping that somebody might be able to recommend a red book CD burning programme, compatible with windows 10. It doesn't really need to be able to do anything other than burn CDs and include metadata (isrc codes etc), but trying to find such a programme is making my head explode.....

Thank you. :)

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's a CD?

Jeez - you are a throwback. Dinja know all the cool kids are all into new technology and stuff? Nobody uses CDs anymore.

I use CD Architech. It is proprietary, but I got it free when I bought Sound Forge. It will do Redbook CDs, and much more. I don't know the program well because I so rarely use it.

For burning mundane data and audio discs, I also use InfraRecorder: free/shareware, Win only. I don't know if it does Redbook CDs.

J.S. Bach Well Tempered Klavier

The collected works of Scott Joplin

Ray Charles Genius plus Soul

Charlie Parker Omnibook

Stevie Wonder Songs in the Key of Life

Weather Report Mr. Gone

Jeez - you are a throwback. Dinja know all the cool kids are all into new technology and stuff?

Ah... my secret is out. I am neither trendy, youthful nor sheepish. Well sussed Bb. :wave:

Many thanks for the recommendations - I shall check them out. :)

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

Be aware that software alone is not enough to make a "proper" Red Book CD. There's a physical spec as well which cheaper CD-R manufacturers are sometimes a little more flexible with. Make sure you get good quality ones from a reputable manufacturer!

Also, make sure you burn at the slowest supported speed to minimize errors - usually no faster than 4x. The software will probably tell you this though.

Cephid - Progressive Electro Rock

Archived